The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cruise Control Component Locations Needed

EMX5636

To those that haven't seen my Cruise Wiring thread, I'll explain what's up. I'm currently using my cruise indicator light in the dash as a Meth Injection "on" light. I have it wired up and working correctly, however discovered something weird.

When I turn off the ignition, the light (and consequently meth) turns on until the MPI relay clicks off. I thought it was DSMLink related, but after looking at logs and talking to Dave, it doesn't appear to be the case. I'm wondering if there is a cruise control computer, relays or anything inside the car (all of the outside stuff was removed) that I can disconnect to troubleshoot this. I am not sure why this is happening, as I'm using the factory 12V+ to the cruise light, and feeding the ground with my FPS output on DSMLink. If anyone has any ideas or things to try, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Justin

misterfixit

Cruise computer hangs onto both sides of the indicator light. Its in the space behind the dash right up top under the windscreen ledge. On a rhd is on the right side piggybacked to the central locking/etacs computer

Rich

talontyme

Hey Justin use the light that came with your meth kit lol.

AnotherNewb

Have you considered placing a diode in the circuit to prevent the power from your light back feeding to the meth kit.

talontyme

sh*t just ordered a dash to replace mine no cutting!!!!!!

EMX5636

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Have you considered placing a diode in the circuit to prevent the power from your light back feeding to the meth kit.

I hadn't thought of that actually. oops. I'll try it this weekend. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned