The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help Fuel Correction-Tune

Nabeel

Hi'
I am facing difficulty on setting my AFC-neo. Just need starting point. I know there are some expert here.
My car has stock JDM cyclone engine. I am using 3G MAS & FIC650 injectors & AFPR at 40psi. Cyclone is being activated via turbo actuator at 10 psi. The ECU is JDM 510 injector. I am not facing fuel cut. I am having some boost creep. It reach 1.5 bar. That starts after I upgrade to to E3 big16, 264HKS & 3 inch exhaust. I have PLX wideband, HKS exhaust temp gauge & DSM logger.
The engine goes lean or rich & not stable. I read alot about the fuel correction & there was an Exel file around for the Mas correction I am not finding it.
I am looking for the basic correction for now. I know the car should run less fuel at idle as there is open or close loop & I suppose to rechin it little.
I have another JDM dual board ECU & the 1G stock mas if will help.

That was a little hard to read but maybe this will help.
Set the AFPR at 37-38 where it belongs.
The setting zero'd out should be pretty close. Maybe a few % negative but not much.
The NEO has no affect on boost creep thats in the setup.
Hope this helps.

Steve

Nabeel

Ok. If my post is not clear' What I need to know is. What low & hi rpm's to set. For example the throtle setting 30% low & 80% hi. And the correction at 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k 6k 7k is +10, +5, + x.etc at low & +15, +7 ,eet. at hi.
Based on the input on the first post what is suggested starting point.

What you're asking for is almost impossible. There are too many variables. Not only does the MAS put out a much lower Hz per liter of airflow, but the 650cc injectors flow much more than the stock ones, AND they have much more deadtime, which mainly means adding more fuel at idle to compensate. Maybe this is the graph you mean:
click
This picture may help more:

Another problem is that the AFC is an rpm-based piggyback, not Hz-based, so its impossible to dial in the right compensation for every airflow amount. If the ECU is setup for 510cc injectors, the 650's are injecting ~25% more fuel. What I would do is start at the lowest RPM on the AFC LOW sliders, and add ~30%, tapering down to maybe 17% by 4000 rpm, and +17% the rest of the way up on your LOW settings.
For the AFC HIGH settings, the 3G is putting out a Karman Hz signal only 2/3 of what a GVR-4 MAS does across much of the range from 125-600 Hz, so you will need to set the AFC HIGH sliders to +17% starting at 4000 rpm, eventually ending up at 22% at your highest rpm. Thats' about the best I can guess for a starting point, and it is based on running the stock 37psi fuel pressure. You will need to adjust them all lower if you raise the fuel pressure.
However, you need to be aware that removing 2/3 of the airflow signal is going to add a LOT of timing advance. When you are at 15psi, the ECU thinks you are only at 5psi, so it uses maps that are way too aggressive. Hopefully you have a logger to watch your fueltrims while you attempt this. The best thing to do is get a chip that properly compensates for the 3G MAS and 650's.

I tried to graph it to also add in the injector flow and deadtime compensation, but it is so complicated that I get different answers each time. Time to go to bed.

Nabeel

keydiver'

Thanx alot. I know that I need a chip in the near future. For now just want the car to be drivable & fix all problems. So if there is any upgrades or modification I should do it now then burn a chip.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned