The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What I miss for 30psi of boost?

i can understand that.

There are multiple options inbetween that would be viable.

Forced performance makes a ton of 30r wheel combos that spool fast and will hold 30psi without a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The big thing is getting and exhaust housing that isn't restrictive. The stock mitsubishi flange restricts alot especially on the topend. But most people shooting for 30+psi arent looking for the low end performance of a 16g regardless of a small 16, big 16, or evo 3 16g. For big power there will be some lag involved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A great way to reduce lag is to downshift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

turbowop

That's why I went with an FP3052/meth injection combo to get the best of both worlds...power and response. For my needs I didn't want a 35r on pump gas. I don't always wanna downshift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4thStroke

You can downshift all you want, it won't make up for slower transient response.

The FP hotside does well. When I dynod 410whp with the DSM76, I was still making over 400whp at 8,000 on 92oct. On ethanol, the car was still pulling past that. It's not ideal for a top end ripper, but it does very well up top while moving air early in the RPM range.

Nabeel

So..Big16g or EvoIII can't make 30PSI? I am wondering if it can make 25PSI if I still use the 650 injectors + methanol Kit and 95 fuel?

I have never really messed around with methanol before so im not the best at this.

First, as far as running 30psi with a 16g it can be done but you will definitly be out of its efficiency range at about 25-26 psi.

Second, I tried using 650's with my evo 3 16g and it didn't work very well.

There are several factors that include fuel pump choices, and base fuel pressure. You can raise your base fuel pressure with your FPR and do yourself a favor to lower your Injector numbers.

I run my evo3 16g at 26 psi with a HP255 fuel pump and a base pressure of around 40 i believe. My levels on my injectors are around 75-85 percent. If i was you i would go for some 1000's to save room for more modding. It's dangerous to max out your injector pulses. Hope i was helpful, good luck broski.

Nabeel

See4Ways' What size was the injectors used when you have up to 85%?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned