The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hello from southern Finland

supa_saloon

^^ i guess he was really after the sunglasses? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

glad to hear it wasn't stolen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

dandanger

supa:

Yeah, glad about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Then the bad news...something broke at the icetrack in left front corner. There comes a sound like BIG CLUNK everytime I drive in a small hole or anything that's not flat road. I took the left front wheel off and checked eveything and all seemed to be intact and could not move anything, atleast not by hand.

Someone had problems with bc coil-overs? Could the upper strut bearing have taken damage so much in a short time? This set has been under the car just about one year.

Oh, and I put a little video from the icetrack for your pleasure:

click

caf620

Nice strut bar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i want one for my ride

RayH

Quoting dandanger:
supa:
There comes a sound like BIG CLUNK everytime I drive in a small hole or anything that's not flat road. I took the left front wheel off and checked eveything and all seemed to be intact and could not move anything, atleast not by hand.
click

I had similar problem once on my Expo. While not the most likely explanation, check the top of the A-arm for rocks or in your case chunks of ice. I had intermittent clunking for almost a year before I found a big fat rock sitting on top of the A-arm.

dandanger

Good tip, and very likely to happen, cause the temp here havent got over zero (celsius) at any time after the trip. I'll check that.

dandanger

Awful clunk fixed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Was the front shock upper nut that was gone loose. That was something I could notice by myself cause one had look under the hood and one guy try to shake the shock from below. Very easy to fix and cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. My friend also noticed some loose tierod-ends and swaybar-link that were also gonna had to be replaced soon so those also changed.

My rear-wheel bearings started to make a lot of noise. Seemed out they went bad in quite a fast pace, strange that there were no rust or anything else special but they were all worn out by only 95.000km's??? Is this really common, or is it also the 20 years of time that does things to these.. My lambda-sensor is also showing signs of being tired, when logging sometimes the volts go zero and occasionally the signal is very slow...old cars, old cars.

Tranfercase shows some leaking too, not like "flowing" out but "sweating". Guess I'll have to order the recall-kit, or maybe complete driveshaft rebuild.

dandanger

Something new:

main.php

Compomotive cx-series in 15", painted in grey. Tyres Dunlop SP Sport fast response, 205/60.

Otherwise I've just been driving, with a little leaking brakebooster. 2g maf incoming, when I get the intake piping done some day..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned