The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Water On passanger side floor, leaky winsheld or what?? Heater core is good.

einstein

Just was cleaning my car and noticed water was on the passenger floor pulled up part of the carpet and its pretty wet, its been raining here alot, is this caused by a leaky winshield or what would cause it? I know its not the heater core at all. Seems to retain water when its parked outside and raining, any help or suggestions would help great.

I need to get this fixed so it doesnt start to rust all out.

THanks

Matt

AuSpecVr4

003ded.jpg
004sfb.jpg

I have the same problem, check under the windscreen lining that runs over it into the guard, mines old and bent out of shape so you can see the rust forming on the seam to the firewall. Sadly this has happened on both my sides but passenger is worse. The water leaks down the firewall behind the carpet and suddenly you have a swimming pool in the front of your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

Best way to find out how bad it leaks and where is lay in the car where you think its coming in and have someone else pour water over the car till u find the leak. Then you can go from there on fixing it

misterfixit

probably weeping into the a pillar box section. top of the cowl is the main rain run channel. pop the gaurd off and get some better pictures of the base of the screen pillar.

Once you've got the fender off you can look in the spout to the inside of the cowl top (which is used as a gutter) and see if that has been breached. Any water in tat area will come down the inside of the firewall.

That looks like its going to need some welding right there.

One real good course of action is to pull the sound wadding/dash/heater box out then do as above.

Rich

AuSpecVr4

Yes all in good time i will, but with the summer weather in AUS we get crap loads of rain so i used silicone to cover it up for the meantime /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif yea i know, naughty. But planning to get it done properly next year when i have the time to pull guards off and rust convert/grind/weld new panels to make it water sealed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned