The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

headrests won't seat

BoostedAWD91

Ok i have a dumb question. I had a set of conquest headrests in my car for a little while and now I tried putting the stock ones back in and they won't go down all the way. I can get them in just far enough to where they first latch but won't go any further. Never ran into this problem before, can anyone help me out.

prove_it

Are you pushing in the tab?
I honestly haven't messed with my headrests in years, but I know you have to press a lever to get them down.

BpuVR4

the plastic guides that sit in the seat may not be seated correctly to allow the headrest to slide all the way down. with the headrest out, feel if the guides are in place by jiggling them, or you may need to take them out and reinstall them. the bottom prong may have been bent, or they may not be in the right spot.

manikbastrd

Make sure you are pushing the correct lever. The one to get them to the first stops in on the main body of the seat...the one to lower them when up is on the bottom of the headrest itself...

BoostedAWD91

Quoting BpuVR4:
the plastic guides that sit in the seat may not be seated correctly to allow the headrest to slide all the way down. with the headrest out, feel if the guides are in place by jiggling them, or you may need to take them out and reinstall them. the bottom prong may have been bent, or they may not be in the right spot.

I'll have to check that

strokin4dr

Can they be installed backwards?

BpuVR4

i'd think the guides wouldn't go down all the way if put in the wrong direction, but would have to look at them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned