The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headliner Overhaul!!!

DR1665

Nicely done, sir. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting turbophein:
here is a couple quick pics. i haven't figured out what i am going to do for the handles and lights yet. i've been working on more important things...

SSPX0881.jpg

SSPX0879.jpg

I just sprayed the bezels black and deleted my grab handles (passengers are overrated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif)

number3

Quoting cheekychimp:
KC,

Seriously Dude if shipping wasn't so bloody stupidly expensive from here, I would ship you the seats and carpet to sell to some Civic Si, Type R wannabe driver and put the money towards a UK spec carpet and some Brides!

Paul.

Is shipping from HK to USA expensive? I also assumed it must be cheap.

eBay has tons of vendors from HK that ship stuff dirt cheap. For exmaple USB charger that they sell for a dollar then ships it for 2 dollars and it come in less than 3 days. I can't ship something to the other end of PA for that.

cheekychimp

Harry,

It is weight that kills it and the time frame. If you ship small light stuff like USB chargers for instance it can go first class airmail packet and be there in a week. Speed Post and you are down to 3-4 days. It starts getting expensive as the stuff gets heavier. If you go surface the delivery time lengthens considerably but shipping heavy stuff airmail and Speed Post gets real expensive real quick. It isn't much cheaper by UPS, Fedex etc, it cost me over $100 US to ship a rear ring and pinion to the States.

Then when you get to freight it gets stupid because they charge you volume weight. The set a fixed rate per square foot/metre based upon that space being filled by a certain average weight. It costs you the same to ship a square metre of feathers as it does to ship an engine block. Like Curtis' JDM bumper and fogs I sent him. Got the bumper and fogs for $26.00-USD (the guy had no idea what it was and we beat him down in price because it had been sat outside for a long time). Then it cost me about $150-USD to ship the damn thing.

I have said many times before, if I could find a way to ship stuff at a decent rate I would be all over this stuff for you guys. I bid on stuff from Japan regularly. AMG rear bumper $250, AMG Grill $30. But by the time you factor in shipping here, petrol, time, shipping back to the States, I'm running about like a blue arsed fly to make a buck or two. This is why guys charge a lot of shipping, not because it costs to ship but because it costs to pick up, package, go to the shipping centre, parking etc.

What it needs is for some guys to pitch in and organize for a container to be shipped to a storage facility in a central location in the States, and fill it chock a block full of rear glass with wipers, bumpers, fogs, JDM hoods, fabric seats, EVO III and cyclone manifolds etc but who is going to organize it and not charge for their time in order to save you guys paying $600 or more for AMG bumpers etc?

I want to help this community out more. If I can get my car sorted out and completed by winter I'll look into this some more and see what I can do, raiding junkyards etc. It takes time more than anything and hopefully when the car is done I'll have more of that.

Paul.

bazeng

Hi All,

I'm removing the headliner now and need some tips on how to remove the lights?
I've done all trims (sides, rear and front).

Also any tips on what to do with the sun visor fold down thingy? Mine is a bit saggy.

Appreciated.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Barry, screws for the lights should be visible when you remove the lenses from the lights.

For he saggy thing, do you mean the bracket where it screws into the roof is saggy? Check the spring on the arm that insets into the roof if that is what you mean.

bazeng

Thanks for that.
Not sure if the JDM/ADM ones are the same as US ones.
Ill take a photo to show.

As for saggy, the AMG has a mirron in it. I believe the adhesive for the fabric / mirror is aging. so it kinda droops.
Not very pretty anymore.
I might try and trim it in leather.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned