The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1800/2000 has a new owner

Mitsuman3KGT

Hey guys some of you might have met my dad (Ohiospyderman, Bob) but my name is Zach. Just picked up #1800(actually about a month ago) and she's running like a top!

Just wanted to post up finally (been super busy with school) and let you guys know she's doing well. Completely stock for now, maybe a few tasteful mods in the future but I'm actually driving her daily while I'm fixing my 3000gt. I'm also a member on 3SGTo_Org and I've literally grown up around Mitsubishi's.

That's actually what led me to buying 1800, my dad owned a white GVR4 when I was a wee little guy and all I could remember was how fun it was.

Done a lot of maintenance on 1800 making sure everything is top notch and will continue to clean her up!

So far:

Changed fluids
compression tested
fresh plugs
checked caps
checked belts
pressure tested
fixed a few rattles
fixed cracked bumper
put new chrome trim all around
dyed headliner and painted all headliner trim black (just like the black better)
also dyed the trunk carpets, dash speaker covers, and rear deck lid
installed keyless entry/remote starter (with a magnetic neutral safety switch)
generally cleaned the hell out of her.

I still need to change the oil pan (have one sitting next to me actually, the old owner jacked the car up by the pan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif). Getting lucky driving it as much as I have with the dented pan but I'm waiting on an ABS delete for the 3000gt. Also need to remove the top roof runners (if that's what you call them?) as they need painted BAD. In the manual it looks like they just pop off with like 8 clips underneath? Anyone know if this is true?

I've lurked on this forum for years and finally joined. I can't wait to bug you guys when I need help knowing how kind you all are.

Zach. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EHmotorsports

Welcome!!! Look forward to seeing pics:)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The roof rail moldings do basically pop off. You push them to one side (toward the middle of the car if I recall correctly) and lift up the outer edge. Start toward one end then move on down the part. Don't leave the white clips exposed to sunlight for long or they will deteriorate.

Mitsuman3KGT

Quoting EHmotorsports:
Welcome!!! Look forward to seeing pics:)

Pics! I totally forgot... Here's a few when I first got her home I haven't had time to take any recent pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1375_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

Here's one of my pride and joy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

newbackround.jpg

And the rest of the family's Mitsubishi's (and a stealth)

DSC03297-1.jpg

Mitsuman3KGT

Quoting iceman69510:
The roof rail moldings do basically pop off. You push them to one side (toward the middle of the car if I recall correctly) and lift up the outer edge. Start toward one end then move on down the part. Don't leave the white clips exposed to sunlight for long or they will deteriorate.

Thanks for the help and the tip! I can't tell if the one's on the car were originally white or black /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but I'm thinking I'll just paint them black for the ease of it.

Last edited:

BpuVR4

holy crap, that red spyder....how's living w that beauty?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You need to collect all those cars and make the trek to Factory MOD this fall. You wouldn't double the number of 3kGTs, but would add to it significantly.

Mitsuman3KGT

That's a hell of a drive from Ohio to Cali /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif but it would definitely be nice!

EDIT:

Didn't even realize there was a MOD in Illinois! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yes, this will be the 8th or 9th one this year. A large contingent of 3Ss come down from Minnesota, including some extremely nice Spyders.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned