The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Harness Bar! ONLY ONE LEFT AT $165 plus shipping - plus paypal fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralli380Gvr4

I thought maybe he had a harness bar before he installed the cage.

number3

Very soon guys.

Diego

Eagerly waiting.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Brunoboy

will this be before christmas?

Tre3zy

most likely early next year since harry is pretty busy i think

number3

I should have more news on Thursday. Traveling a lot more than expected.

CSMShaun

Since you are almost starting from scratch with making these bars again I think it would be advantageous to make same changes to the design to make them more functional and safer for the people buying them.

Increasing the angle so the harness straps lay on your shoulders properly when using this bar with stock seats would be one welcome and easily made modification to the current design. Adding small bars,tabs or hoops onto the bar to hold the harness straps in place would also be a very nice addition.

I want to point out that anyone that has one of these in their car should not let someone ride in the back seat, even with a seat belt on.

+1 on the strap hoops, i was thinking the same thing.

Edit: Maybe put the strap hoops under the bar?

As for passengers, is there a way to make the bar run lower so they don't crack their head open while maintaining functionality?

Edit: Bar padding isnt an option for passenger safety?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

The bar needs to be high enough for a safe angle above the shoulder or else you have a chance of breaking your spine...

CSMShaun

Correct. Passengers just are not an option when any kind of roll cage or bracing is present in the vehicle that someone could hit themselves on in the event of an accident. Even with padding and their own harness type restraints I do not think passengers should be in the back seats of a car with a cage or harness bar.

talontyme

I just stumbled onto this,I would like one also.

number3

Quoting boostdtalon:
Well we're into the new year. Do we have any updates?

The Bridgeport used to be in a different part of the shop and it was moved and the bars don't fit in the machine. We moved it (not an easy task) and we are back on track and will start pumping them out.

Tre3zy

sweet... cant wait...

number3

Final mockup on Sunday. In this mockup a thicker wall will be used to see how that works out for an even stronger bar then before.

I also modified the RX7 shield this week for more room at the slave near the firewall. (not that you guys care too much about that)

KiNgMaRtY

Any way you can fab up an optional bar that will be the same but per say a 3 piece bar. So we can just unbolt the the big bar piece running through the back? Per say if we will be having people riding in the back, we can just simply unbolt it from the bracket pieces

number3

It would be easier to ship. What does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts