The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Harness Bar! ONLY ONE LEFT AT $165 plus shipping - plus paypal fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tre3zy

yea it shouldnt be that bad specially if you have aftermarket seats that has the slots for the harness....

dustyduff

Quoting JSchleim18:
Please anyone with interest reply in this thread because he doesn't want to take it off unless there's interest and no flakers!

Definitely still in for this!!

AWDnoobie

Damn thats a nice looking bar

Brunoboy

Im in, are they going to be polished or black?

NickDromez

im in on these harnesses too. i hope this follows* through

edit* changed to follow since my grammer is bad

Last edited:

spooling92vr4

I'm willing.g to remove mine and get it to harry. But I want to make sure the people want this and I'm not pulling my car apart for no reason

steve

Quoting NickDromez:
im in on these harnesses too. i hope this falls through

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brunoboy

like i said, definitely in, what do you guys think price will be? just so i know how much I need to get together.
-Shane

number3

Once i have bar to rejig i will cost out materials and get a price. I will make them either way. Some one will buy them. I can't remember what i sold them for originally but steel is a lot more expensive.

The original bars were also professional painted in a paint booth with high quality automotive paint and that added to the cost. So unless people really wanted them painted again i will sell them raw.

dustyduff

Harry, I can't speak for everyone else, but I would prefer mine raw. I planned on having it powdercoated whenever I get it.

Brunoboy

Yea well, just let us know on price, and i can get it painted myself, thanks, back then when i asked about these i was told $250 for the bar shipped. But that was a year or so ago.
-shane

Galantvr41062

My roll cage is in the way of making a harness bar. So for now I am going to pass on trying to make a harness bar.

brisvr4

I hate to be a downer guys but without a roll bar to protect your head what is going to happen in a rollover situation with one of these installed?
Aren't the harnesses going to hold you upright in your seat allowing the roof to possibly crush your neck and spine?
It's a very unlikely situation but one that could happen all the same.
God forbid that anyone here has an accident that bad of course!

turbowop

That's always been the issue with harness bars, or using harnesses in general that don't have an inertia reel.

It's a risk you take, although I don't think it's a huge one. We've even seen pics on this site of gvr4's in nasty rollover accidents with the roof still totally intact. It's been a few years since the pics of that ricey pile of sh*t surfaced though. That said, I should probably go knock on some wood now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Brunoboy

Wait so these are or are not being made? ^^^

Tre3zy

dude read the thread.... someone is going to send one to harry so harry can make the jig for it....

Brunoboy

Im reading, just not sure what peoples real names are, then reading on someone who is gunna do it then someone said they aint got time for it. So yea confusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned