The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gxs qst

This has prob been answered 1000x times but one more cant hurt... i have a 90 gsx could i use a 1g awd trans/drivetrain and 4 bolt and just use a vr4 driveshaft? Thinking 1g awd parts are easier to get. Goal is being able to use a 4 bolt :)

Jesh

^ +1 what he said... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting rwight86:
This has prob been answered 1000x times but one more cant hurt... i have a 90 gsx could i use a 1g awd trans/drivetrain and 4 bolt and just use a vr4 driveshaft? Thinking 1g awd parts are easier to get. Goal is being able to use a 4 bolt :)

Yes. As long as you match the rear end to the transmission, you're good to go. I don't see why you'd swap out the driveshaft, though. They're identical as far as i know. I actually used one out of a GGSX in a VR4 i obtained that had no driveshaft when i got it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned