The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 Brakes

I am replacing all calipers etc. Wondering what a nice budget rotor pad setup is for these cars. If anybody sells this stuff pm me and give me some prices.

I was thinking brembo oe rotors and some nice hawk pads or something. What do you guys run and how do you like the setup. I do plan on occasional autox's and backroad runs.

You'll need good quality brake fluid, SS brake lines & Hawk pads. I carry replacement rotors (drilled/slotted) or (drilled) or blank rotors. Here are a few links that can give you an idea of where you want to go:

Brake Line

Rotors

I don't have the Hawk Pads listed on the site but I can get them. I can also get you DOT 4 brake fluids.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Blank or slotted OEM/Brembo rotors with Porterfield R4-S pads (www.roadraceengineering.com has them)

Lonewolf64

^^Definitely look into Porterfield R4-S pads.^^ I run the exact same setup. OEM Rotors with those pads make the car stop in a hurry. You can't go wrong.

skivittlerjimb

FYI the Porterfield R4-Es are streetable, stop almost as well as a dedicated track pad, and last a long time. (Hence the E = Endurance.) They are a bit tough on rotors, though.

Also, for remanf. calipers, I just bought a Raybestos unloaded caliper from Rockauto.com and it worked perfectly. Only about $50 after you get back your $30 core charge.

-Jim B.
280/1000

Last edited:

spoulson

I've been running RockAuto rotors and Porterfield R4-S. Very economical performer. They don't dust up your wheels or tear up your rotors.

curtis

Quoting 324vr4:
Curtis has a perfect setup for you in his FS link...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There on ebay for now. But just saw a paint job on a friends car (1st gen Talon) and his painter like painting for parts so they may not be around for long.

KiNgMaRtY

Another vote on the R4's. I run them in my STi and have ran them before on my 89 Mazda MX-6 GT 4ws Turbo

gtluke

Another vote for R4's, (I have the R4S) on some OEM 2g rotors ACT250R gave me.
Works WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than the slotted rotors and EBC green's I had on before that.

belize1334

I have KVR pads on OE replacement rotors and I've been very pleased. They're much better than stock and will put up with autox but not track.

clicky

i think i will go with some oem brembos and the porterfield r4s or e pads. Thanks for the reccomendations

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned