The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

Jesus_Negros

Wow that looks amazing.

Is your facebook advertised on your window?

prove_it

Just needs moar hellaflush.....

EHmotorsports

New wheels look Amaze balls!! its a good thing;)

transparentdsm

keep those make them fit. it looks like a totally different car, and in james words, in an amaze-balls kinda way.

such a great look for the car.

Wookalar

Those EVO X wheels look great on your car and I think it's only because of the bumpers and lip, I have seen those wheels on other gvr4's and they just didn't look right.

Your car looks good except for that pedo bear sticker, and the Advan badge on the fender. Are you advertising to the world that you are a pedophile? Do you have anything Advan on your car?

G

Staff member
Those look good, you just need to hellastretch some rubber on em'. Do the inside of the rims rub the suspension at all?

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, this is just a test fit to see how this size that I know will clear the new brakes will fit on my car. I won't be running EVO X wheels though. The wheels I want to get are these: Work Meister S1's

Mark, I'm just kinda iffy going this wide because of how much it sticks out on the rears, seems like it'll rip my rear bumper off of eat into my dogleg.

fuel

just fit lower profile tires. Sorted.

245/40 R18 is almost 10% taller than the stock 195/60 R15 or comparative 205/45 R17, 215/40 R17 or 225/35 R18 anyway.

IncorpoRatedX

Mike, those wheels look great on your car. Make them fit!

The work's look out of place, they're too rounded on the edges, those wheels seem to only look good in big lips, staggered set ups.

MellowVR4

Car looks 1,000,000 times better with those wheels on! no go on those works wheels imo. Im just not a fan of chrome lips.

Jesus_Negros

Polished lip on black center don't really work. But polished lips are nice on other colored centers.

MellowVR4

I agree.

fuel

I think black centers with polished lips on a black car look great.

000_0857.jpg

IMG_5922-evoms-porsche-911-work-meister-s1-sema-2011-copy.jpg

turbowop

I don't think the Work wheels you want will look good in the offset required to fit your car with those brakes. I think the X wheels are a better fit honestly. Just drop down a size on the tires, add some camber, and enjoy them.

Jesus_Negros

Get the Works.

89Mirageman

Are those wheels available in a charcoal/gunmetal color? They may look better on a black car. Then again I think the black with the polished lip will look ok too.

I do agree that the evo x wheels look good but I think if you're going to go with the huge brakes, get some nice wheels to really show them off.

GSX_TC

I'll see what my guy can find. If he finds. 8.5's then that's what I'll use. I'll take y'all's advice/word on running a smaller tire though and raising her up a bit, might even roll all the fenders too. And I'll prob even end up getting the EVO X wheels and the work's. Plus when the VR4 is sitting there and I'm at work I can have the EVO wheels on it's less likely to get jacked with the Work wheels on it haha.

Thanks for the tips guys.

JNR

Quoting fuel:
just fit lower profile tires. Sorted.

245/40 R18 is almost 10% taller than the stock 195/60 R15 or comparative 205/45 R17, 215/40 R17 or 225/35 R18 anyway.

Yeah it's ~1 1/2" larger od from the 245 to the stock size mentioned...about 3/4" less gap then theoretically. Quite the difference!

Sounds like the 10 spoke won't be used but if they are the new size that will be used the fenders look like they will receive modification from constant hitting haha...
Think it looks good nice and tight like that though but wouldn't risk that imo.

Btw those oem wheels look almost exactly like the wheels I have although mine are 17s and less width..plus ultra light (not sure how oem 18s would fare in that regard?)

Fits the car nicely in the looks department fwiw.

Those other black ones look like cheapie china wheels but just my opinion on the design.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts