The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

low idle hunt.

James

this is a multi question thread...

A) where is the under dash plug to ground out when adjusted the BISS on a GSX. its not night next to the fuse box like on a VR4/DSM.
B) what causes a LOW idle hunt? Im reading idle hunt threads looking for info and they are all like 1200-2000ish, my idle hunt is 200rpm-1300rpm.
C) sometimes dies when coming to a stop, cant tell if its when i brake or when i push in the clutch.

Haven't investigated the ECU yet, i adjusted the BISS today, but i didn't ground off the plugs because i couldn't find the under dash one.

for referenc...

90 galant GSX
4g63T swap
Hard UICP
CX Racing greddy knockoff BOV recirculated
3inch turbo back exhaust straight through /magna flow muffler
MBC set to 13psi

desant78

Also check out the vfaq on this subject. If you adjusted the biss with out grounding out the ecu weird things can happen. Did this problem just occur? Good luck.

Last edited:

James

I know Vfaq like the back of my hand, I've read it till my eyes bled then read some more over the years. I read talon digest while it was coming out, I'm not new to the 4g63 but I am new to the galant. (thus why I can't find the under dash plug).

I know these are all problem with high idle, the problem is I don't have a really high idle and I've checked about everything on that list before posting here, I was looking for more obscure reasons. While adjusting the BISS I head a small whistle of air though, I'll assume the BISS oRing is bad and start there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned