The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got Fuel Filter Off

BpuVR4

Had a hell of a time doing my fuel filter yesterday and almost gave up on it, because the bottom nut was rounded already and the 14mm flare wrench was not grabbing it. It was too late to go to a parts store if i cut the line, and i really wanted to get it replaced. So I used a craftsman adjustable pliers, squeezed the hell out of it, and wedged my jack handle vertically behind the pliers and against the throttle body elbow. Lo and behold, I just pushed firmly against the pipe and the nut broke loose. I was looking all over the forums for a trick to get that thing off while it was pb blaster soaked, and the tips were few, so I thought I'd throw this out there in case the next guy gets frustrated with a rounded nut from a previous person.

If anyone have any other maintenance tips for our cars, I wouldn't mind hearing.

LIV4PSI

Unrelated tip. but if you're doing the rear main seal, the water pump pulley works perfect as a special tool to press it in.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned