The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump question?

Romanova

My feed line from the pump housing to the front of the car is pretty trashed to the point where it is unusable. I want to cut the feed line off flush with the housing and drill it out. Then I want to use a Walboro 255 with a short piece of fuel hose to a -6AN barb fitting, then a -6an seal against a 90 degree -6AN bulkhead fitting, then -6AN line to the fuel filter...

This is similar to the Bosch 044 install I have seen before... should work no problem right?

Struc

That's how mine is set up (for the most part). Previous owner did it.

My setup is -6AN 90 at the top of the FP housing to a -6an fitting to a push-loc barbed fitting with rubber line, which got clamped down to aluminum fuel line. Aluminum fuel line runs to the front of the car, where another rubber to push-loc fitting turned it back into -6an, attaching directly to a in-line filter, and then up to the fuel rail from there.

EDIT: Here is a link to some aluminum fuel line, if you want to go the cheaper route.
Moroso Aluminum Fuel Line

There should be enough to replace your return line at the same time. I just ended up replacing my return line as well.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned