The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Filter Question

BluFalcon

I have a SX canister high flow fuel filter mounted in my Talon. The car has sat for awhile, so the 10 micron paper element needs to be changed before I try and start it. I came across a new stainless fuel filter element in a box of parts that I have, and according to the Aeromotive website its rated for 100 microns. Filter fits in the can with no issues, so no worries there. The Aeromotive site shows the 100 micron filter being used as a pre filter from the tank to an inline pump, and shows the 10 micron disposable being used as a post filter.

My pump is a in tank upgrade pump with a fuel sock on the inlet, that goes from the pump outlet to the SX filter. From there it goes to the rail and then to the regulator.

So my question is: Can I safely use this 100 micron element in my fuel filter, or should I pony up $11 and buy a new disposable element? I'd prefer to use the stainless element since it can be cleaned and reused.

CarRacer

Rausch helped me with this question when I was ordering a filter for my setup. I think 100 is pretty big for a EFI car. I think he recommended a 50 or so micron filter.

Shoot him a PM and see what he says.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned