The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Going to the dragstrip tonight !!!!

Gizmovr4

Island dragway is reopening it's doors tonight!! Anyone in the NJ / PA area looking to attend ? Nate and I plan on being there- Nate is running his 1g daily - I will not be running 431 but plan on running another one of my cars.

Please come out and support our local track- either as racers or spectators !!

Nelson

Last edited:

desant78

Ill be there! 995 firat gear just went so im strictly supporting/spectating. Go island!

unistylef

Get some footage to post here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gizmovr4

Quoting desant78:
Ill be there! 995 firat gear just went so im strictly supporting/spectating. Go island!

Sorry to hear about your car!! Awesome that your coming out to support Island... I hope they have a large turnout!! I will be back at island on Wednesday when it should be a little less crowded to run 431... Tonight I will be running my 1969 mini - just for the fun factor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

desant78

Damn i just turned my phone back on and missed this!! Its a 2 hr drive but i grew up at island so i wanted to support thr track.

Btw i checked out that mini and it looks great! We bet on each car as they lined up amd everytime i took the mini just because that is one cool car, how do you have such sweet rides?

I also saw a red 1g with a IC set up that reminded me of 431. Was nate (dsmpartout) there to with that car? I caught one pass, and it was super late but man that thing looked like it pulled! Plus what intake mani was in that car?

Gizmovr4

You should have stopped by and said hello!!

The red car is Nate's daily - it has the old intercooler off 431. Yesterday was just a day to have fun and support the track! Nate made two passes- first pass the timing mechanism at the track failed ( no time). Second pass the hose to the map fell off - aborted run... So really no good passes.

The mini ran great for what it is - its fun to drive and why not beat on it a little bit - due to its small size it felt fast going 20 seconds in the quarter!! Haha - although I missed 3rd gear - so it would have ran a solid 19 - damn right hand drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Can't wait to take out 431 on Wednesday!! Hoping for no rain !!

Last edited:

NateCrisman

yeah, that was me with the red auto 1g. The setup reminds you of 431 because the car was put together with many leftovers from 431, including the crab intercooler.

I made two passes, the first pass had a timing error and the timeslip was blank past the 330' and no ET/mph displayed on the boards. judging from the datalog it was a mid 11 @ 124 or so on a 1.79 "bogged down" launch leaving at 15psi.

Second pass was decent. spun a little off the line and very little bog down...but the engine backfired hardcore in 3rd and I aborted the run..coasted through traps to a 12.3 ET. ended up the map sensor hose popped off the intake manifold! ugh..could have been REAL BAD!

packed it in after that....bad luck all night.

Since last year, we swapped the FP3052 (awesome) turbo cartridge for a FP3065 (not so awesome). This kinda killed the combo with stock converter, stock 2.0. On the smaller turbo it spooled up to 20psi on the starting line and left HARD..ran up to 32psi steady and made 127mph. Ran strong to 8000rpm too with a stock intake cam & HKS 272 exhaust cam. (running both 272 cams, it won't stall up..too much overlap).

Now with the 3065, it wouldn't spool at all with the 272 exhaust cam and pumpgas. I put a stock exhaust cam back in, now it will stall up, but it takes 10-12 seconds to hit 15+psi with ethanol fuel. And when it launches, boost/rpm will bog down a little bit with the tires hooked up 100%...only does 1.7 60's and feels kinda weak. Also with both stock cams, the engine doesn't want to rev out...power drops off fast after 6500rpm and is confirmed by DSMlink logs. The 3065/stock cam combo also doesn't want to make more than 30psi even with the waste gate solenoid at 100% duty cycle (3052/272 made 32+)

Moot anyway...we are taking the turbo, intercooler, and electronic stuff from this red street car and putting it into my yellow 1g AWD. Now that Island is back opened, we figured having a "racecar" was more usefull than an illegal streetcar for making fast passes.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned