The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 #431 - almost reset the 1/4mi record

NateCrisman

Nelson & I ran #431/1000 on sunday at Island Dragway with excellent results: 9.6x, 9.43, 9.43, 9.39 The first three passes, MPH was low as the charge pipe kept popping off the turbo (44psi tends to do that). We knew power was up, becuase our 1/8mph is now hitting 6.0@121! (Etown record run was 6.00@116). Traction was bad all day, track prep non-existant. Check out the video to see the car sideways in 1-2 gears and still going 9.3!

Video of the 9.39@150

Im going to drive it in a couple weeks to get my NHRA license passes in. Then Nelson is going to drive for an import race at Island on Oct 26. Then in November we plan to put a 4 port wet nitrous kit on it w/ about another 100hp....hopefully we can be the first "brick" in the 8's.

snailspool

Wow, that thing is moving! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Keep it up!

desant78

me and my friends are all planning a cruise/weekend out of the domestic vs import race at island oct 26th, so I'll be there rooting for you guys!

keep up the great work!

Gizmovr4

The car ran awesome! We made four passes and all were in the 9s.

First pass intercooler pipe came off just past half track car still went 9.65@127.
Second and third pass intercooler pipe came off at 3/4 track car went 9.43@140 and 9.43@140
Fourth pass intercooler pipe stayed on entire run car went 9.39@150

It was Diesel tractor day at island!! All the big trucks were doing 8 tire burn outs passed the staging area- track was super slick. 431 has run multi 1.37 60 foot times - yesterday even with the slicks at only 10psi the best 60ft was 1.49 . Nate even turned down the boost thru 1st gear and the car still spun all four slicks passed the 1000ft mark. Its safe to say the car is making more power! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

We will try to go faster later in the year - next time to the track I get to relax and video! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good luck with the license passes Nate !! I have mine - your turn !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Congrats! I can't wait to watch the video after I get off work.

curtis

Nice...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

cheekychimp

Time for some Wiggins Clamps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Still can't believe the car looks this good AND runs so fast!

rexwagon1909

mind if I ask you what trans (1g or 2) and torque converter? Im running a 2g auto with a custom 10 inch 4000 stall based of a Mirage.

Gizmovr4

The transmission is out of a 1g. The converter is a stock unit that has been restalled and honestly I have no idea what stall it is.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned