The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1755 Lives on.... Build Thread!

NateCrisman

Glad to see that dogleg made it in good shape!

Car looks to be coming along nicely, good luck with the rest.

turbophein

i was trying to find the post or our PM's yesterday but i couldn't. yes it came in, its fine thank you very much.

turbophein

so i did a lot today, i got mostly everything sandblasted, painted and bolted in. i then cleared over the bolts with high temp clear, i sprayed some into a little container and used a model brush to brush it on, worked great! i also did some bolts in black and green in the same way.

I cleared over the VC and fuel rail with the High temp clear just in case.

Installed the fuel rail, injectors, etc.

Installed the ecu/DsmLink v3, car started right up! but i still need to do some more things before i drive it again. i did a quick log just to check it out.

Got my Turbo Timer in, and installed it, works like its suppose to...

went to the local dealer and picked up some grille clips, no more crooked grille! now i just have to do something about the crooked IC, LoL!

i'm going to end up replacing everything on this car, i can see it already, should of just bought the one in NY for $7000, so f'ing sick!!!

Last edited:

uncleben4rice

so is that set up working for you or what.. I told you it was a good turbo setup..call me..I would never sell junk to a board member, that turbo/manifold combo works great. Hey do you need an aromotive fuel pressure regulator to go with it. Its the one I had on my car with your setup. Let me know $115 shipped. Peace and good luck.

turbophein

just ordered some ARP headbolts, evo III manifold, evo III o2 housing with SS gaskets

also got my aem wibeband and 1g to 2g plug in today!!! everything should be good by the time the manifolds get here and i can finally drive it again.

turbophein

ok so i did a few things the last few days:

ok just bought some parts from a member on another forum, a SS Heat Shield and the old style HKS SSQV with 2 different flanges, plus i bought a fake one with 2.5" piping off a different member a while back for like $15. now i have to build some IC piping for the cold side and i will be in business.

img1238612569388.jpg

Also installed the arp's, when i took the VC off, i was surprised to see the head so clean, it must have been rebuilt like the PO said, even though everything else he said was wrong.

SSPX0749.jpg

SSPX0750.jpg

i removed a broken manifold stud, with the welding trick, worked perfect in less than 5 min. and i bought all new nuts and washers, and new gaskets. also got a EGR b/o plate

SSPX0747.jpg

SSPX0746.jpg

SSPX0748.jpg

painted my brake and clutch master covers.

SSPX0720.jpg

here is the mess in wiring i still have to deal with: easy

SSPX0753.jpg

i found this lose wire coming out of the alternator wire loom, i can't seem to find where it goes! there are no other broken wires that i can see. Anyone???

SSPX0752.jpg

CarRacer

Car looks good. Attention to detail goes a long ways on any car.

The yellow wire looks to be the one that goes to the bottom of the power steering pump. There is supposed to be a "bullet" style connector on the wire.

Ditch the fram oil filter before you encounter problems. I run a NAPA brand one without issues. I've heard from multiple members here that the fram ones bypass unfiltered oil.

turbophein

wow quick response and helpful too!

i will look into the wire under the PS pump, and change my oil filter, thanks for the heads up!

anyone have problems with STP filters, i should just get a WIX filter, there the best!

866galant

Looking good,hows the DSM V3 working out?Is it easy to catch on? I just sent mine out today for the V3 upgrade

VR4coop

Looks good.

My shops right in Taunton. I can get you any parts you need. Prob could have saved you some money.

Thanks
Clint

PreskitVR4

Quoting turbophein:
wow quick response and helpful too!

i will look into the wire under the PS pump, and change my oil filter, thanks for the heads up!

anyone have problems with STP filters, i should just get a WIX filter, there the best!

Hastings, Purolator, Napa Gold, Wix sold out quality changed (i'm told), K&N=overkill, and I had preassure drop with a Mobil 1. my 0.02 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Romanova

Let us know how the wiring goes. I've got my own piece of wiring fuckery to deal with one of these days. NOT looking forward to it.

turbophein

Quoting 866galant:
Looking good,hows the DSM V3 working out?Is it easy to catch on? I just sent mine out today for the V3 upgrade

car is not done yet, finally got my (evo 3) manifold in, to find out its a 2g manifold, my ported 2g was bigger, so i have been waiting on a manifold i am not going to use. drop my old one off at the machine shop to be resurfaced, won't be done until monday or tuesday. then it all has to go back together.

turbophein

Quoting Romanova:
Let us know how the wiring goes. I've got my own piece of wiring fuckery to deal with one of these days. NOT looking forward to it.

i'm just going to replace all the brittle wires and use new speaker connectors for the sensor connection. then wrap it all in wire loom and call it a day.

turbophein

ok its been a while since i posted up the progress. i've done alot.

ok so i got all my parts resurfaced, including the evo manifold and o2 housing, and after comparing them to my TRE ported 2g o2 and manifold, i decided to reuse the TRE stuff, take a look at the pics. i can't seem to find the 2g manifold side by side with the evo manifold, but the TRE 2g was the same size port on the runners and bigger on the collector.

img1239670839412.jpg

img1241464431750.jpg

also made me a cold side IC pipe, thanks to patty for the 2.5" pipes, all i had to do was get one pipe bent at the muffler shop (press bent), its a short piece, not that big of a deal, way better than the stock piping. i also had to order a new BOV flange/pipe ($20 ebay), the one i got from a member kept blowing off. installed the HKS BOV, also from a member on here, along with a recirc tube. bought a 45 degree elbow w/t-clamps and three 2.5" couplers, and i was in business.

img1240626617770.jpg

Painted the IC black, light coat of engine paint

img1241464289108.jpg

Fixed some wiring and wired up my AEM Gauge to the EcuLINK. i wire oomed wverything and tucked it under the carpet. i also bought some nice connectors to tap into the ecu wiring.

img1240864701769.jpg

img1240864702378.jpg

also i painted the passenger side trim, looks much better now.

before:

SSPX0562.jpg

after:

img1239457288132.jpg

img1239457286250.jpg

I still have to torque the head bolts one more time and then i will install the VC and get some nice under hood pics. i also need two Blue 2" couplers, to replace my red ones, install my new knock sensor and some minor tuning and she is ready for the track.

Last edited:

turbophein

so i am finally posting pics of under the hood, it is not 100% done, but pretty close, i just need a blue air filter, blue NGK wires, nice timing cover, wire loom the battery cable and a catch can.

here is a before:

SSPX0567.jpg

and here is the afters! What do you think?

img1241622572068.jpg

img1241622573259.jpg

img1241622574909.jpg

img1241622572620.jpg

img1241622573913.jpg

img1241622574410.jpg

streetmasters

I saw this car in person before you bought and WOW...looks awesome, you really brought it back to life bro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

good job on a clean build! Best of luck man!

thecman02

Looks good. I'm assuming the bov is in the way of your strut tower bar. I could take that off your hands if your not using it anymore haha.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned