The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauge Mounting Location-Coin Tray?

BluFalcon

I know that the common location to mount auxiliary gauges is either on the A-Pillar, steering column, in a speaker pod, dash vents or under the radio. I have a double DIN headunit installed in the car, so I can't mount them under the radio. I'd like to keep any gauges installed in that general area. Easy to glance at and not way out in the open for any yahoo to see. I was thinking the coin tray under the radio bezel and in front of the shifter would be a good location for at least two 52mm gauges. Just wondering if anyone had ever fabbed up a pod or enclosure to make use of this space. If so, got any pics?

cheekychimp

I am on my phone at the moment so I can't post any pictures but I have an idea that you might want to look at. The previous owner of my Galant GTi in the UK cut out that entire area of the centre console starting at the upper lip of the coin tray which increase the size of that hole quite a bit. Then he installed a cup holder out of a DSM underneath. It works very well but I always thought some gauge cups mounted there would be pretty cool. But the GTi is just a holiday car so apart from maintenance work, I have done nothing else to it yet.

BluFalcon

Thanks man! I think it'll be a viable spot to mount them. Luckily I found a Galant LS out in the junkyard this weekend that can donate its center console to this project.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned