The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Tank Differences?

ohmegamike

Anybody with CAPS or knowledge, have any idea if a Galant FWD 91-92 gas tank will fit on a VR4?

ohmegamike

I finally found some info searching on here. Looks like a Galant GSX tank is the only alternative. 90 thru 92...
Thanks! -Mike

EHmotorsports

yes and its the same tank as vr4 and harder to find a gsx galant.

ohmegamike

Well, the main failure is the steel supply line coming out of the sending unit assy. I'm going to drop the tank and see if it's salvageable, if it has no holes, a new paint job with some rust-bullet or similar. Or maybe find someone to do that epoxy coating... I can fabricate a new sender unit assy.

vr4play

I just cut the line off flush and then weld a -6 AN fitting on there and change the hose that goes down to the hard line. I also took the factory end off of the hose and cut the barb off and welded another -6 AN end on the end of it and then just use my -6 braided hose with AN lines between the 2.

EHmotorsports

That or you can modify an AWD dsm fuel pump hanger. I have one in my build thread. Will be under DSMnoobsauce.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned