The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump rewire help

James

I have been reading the vfaq on it for a couple of days but honestly some of the things on VFAQ are written out the best. I'm sure it much more understandable after you do it... But I'm also a hands on learner not a read and learn guy. Couple that with the fact that I dislike wiring and it means I need a better explanation lol.

Of the two... The one linked to Plymouthlaser.com made the most sense.

I understand the galant wiring also runs a different way than pictures in the writeups, atleast mine apprears to.

I know what I need to buy
I know the plug and wire I need to cut
I know how to put the new wires into the relay
I know what wire gets run to the battery

After that is where I get confused and could use some help!

MellowVR4

If you buy the kit from ebay or any other place, it should come with some instructions, better then the vfaq info. I was also confused on how to do this, but once i read the instructions that came with the kit, it was all good after that. i belive i got my kit from ebay to tell you the truth.

James

Well the vfaq says I can get everything at RadioShack so plan on driving down there shortly.

MellowVR4

yea you can, i wish i could find the info i had about this. im pretty sure i still have it.

James

Well there's 4 wires. The ground and power are obvious. I assume the other two get spliced between the original? I just don't know what sides is which

MellowVR4

i think its the black with the white stripe is the power on the pump side and the harness side

MellowVR4

so your basically removing that from the harness and splicing in the hot from the battery.

MellowVR4

MellowVR4

found this aswell
click

James

Thanks man that diagram is exactly how things should be drawn out. Because real electrical diagrams are so confusing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned