The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump Housing "fix"

marvinmadman

I have what appears to be a mild problem. I plan on running fuel line from the pump to a barbed fitting to exit the housing. Then welding it or possibly glue it to the top plate with some fancy sh*t if the plate is too thin. I need some assistance on which fittings to buy as I never dealt with any /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Or any other suggestions.

marvinmadman

And also what to clean/paint/cover/coat the top plate with to stop the rust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GreenGSX

I just went through that with the One Lap car. It wasn't leaking but after 20 years it was time for a preemptive strike and it fit right in with the surge tank I'm building. I used a simple 6 AN 90 degree bulk head fitting and then a short section of AN hose to the pump. The car already had a 6 AN line to the rail so this was pretty simple. Whenever possible I prefer to use a forged 90 bulkhead fitting instead of a 90 hose end as those don't have a lot of material in them.

marvinmadman

I will be keeping the stock feed line for now. How do I get from that bulkhead fitting to the original fitting? I need help with part numbers if possible. I have NO experience with this crap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned