The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

Gvr4-330

I'm gonna keep my deposit in and see how the 3-piece hoods turn out. I'll definately be buying one of the two however.

Rob

turbowop

I don't plan to purchase a CF hood, but I'll throw in my two cents.

One piece design is fine, IMO. Looks just as good as an OEM JDM hood from the top.

USDM skeleton on a JDM skin is half-ass. That cut-out to fit the vents is exactly what nobody wants to see and is the reason few people are willing to cut into their OEM USDM hood to mount a set of JDM vents. It just looks tacky. If I were in the market for a CF hood, that underside would be a dealbreaker for me.

Flip4G63

Quoting JSchleim18:
Quoting ktmrider:
Just a reference on what we might pay for a JDM RS hood: click
The price for this one including shipping is about $510. That does NOT include the repaint and other minor issues that will most likely come ( dent removal, etc ).
So your pricing at $580 shipped is absofiggin-lutely outstanding! It's also a reason I would pay another hundred or so bucks to get a better molded/looking part.
Again not looking to bash on your extremely hard and appreciated work to date, just communicate with your customers more closely and don't keep putting up excuses.

100% Agree

X eleventy billion

slugsgomoo

Kamil, If you can keep it around the $550-560 range (on top of my $100 deposit) to do the JDM bracing, I'll take it.

hell, if you can do it at $550 and need me to i'll pay up front.

With as much time as the hood is up on these cars the aesthetic is important, not to mention that I would like to go fast enough that the reduction in strength of cutting the bracing is a serious concern.

Thanks.

thecman02

Everything has already been said^. The top does look good though. A little more on top of the current price is no biggie like was already said. We pay almost same price for a regular JDM RS hood that may or may not match and is usually in okay shape.

Can we get a list together of guys that put deposits down already and are willing to pay the extra for jdm bracing and 3 piece or jdm bracing with the vents molded in.

Let's get this thing going so we can start on other parts for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

clipse90gsx

1. JSchleim18 (Jeremy)
2. Jesse_W (Jesse)
3. TMG (Jojo)
4. Armitage (Matt)
5. Flip4g63 (Phillip)
6. ktmrider (Mike O.)
7. strokin4dr (Ryan C.)
8. Thecman02 (Chris)
9. Hertz (Ryan)
10.Myles (JEW)
11 Sean92AWD (Sean W.)
12 Jcgalantvr4-244
13 Jcgalantvr4-244
14. maroonmetallic (Shawn)
15. slugsgomoo (Andrew)
16. boostingwild (Moe)
17. Gvr4-330 (Rob)
18. Shiskibob
19. clipse90gsx (Joshua) FULLY PAID!

theres the full list of everyone that put a deposit on it.

JSchleim18

^^^I guess you could PM everyone individually Kamil and ask them? Just a thought. Probably the quickest way too.

Myles

1. JSchleim18
2. slugsgomoo

I would be interested in the real jdm skeleton but I'd like to have a ball park price before committing

strokin4dr

1. JSchleim18
2. slugsgomoo
3. strokin4dr (in for 3 piece and jdm skeleton)

JSchleim18

Sorry I didn't know there were two options. Do you have a *ballpark* of where the price will be for a JDM 3 piece?

thecman02

1. JSchleim18
2. slugsgomoo
4. Thecman02 (in for 3 piece and jdm skeleton)I'm curious on price though.

slugsgomoo

assuming jdm bracing and the 1 piece molded in vents is cheaper, that works for me. The only reason to have a 3 piece is so you can have 'leet yo carbon fiberz' vents with a painted hood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/riaat.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thecman02

That's why I was curious on price. I personally don't need the 3 piece, but if its not much more then the jdm skeleton than why not right?

Anyways I hope we get a decent estimate on cost. I'm excited for the product though!

And I know it doesn't help kamil or anything right now but later on down the road I'll probably get one of those trunk lids. Its just right now I need a hood to replace the rusty/heavy piece of crap I have now, and cooling underhood temps.

1. JSchleim18
2. slugsgomoo
5. Shiskibob (in for JDM) Don't care about how many pieces. A good paint shop can use tape successfully.

1. JSchleim18
2. slugsgomoo
5. Shiskibob (in for JDM) Don't care about how many pieces. A good paint shop can use tape successfully.
6. TinyVR4 One piece is ok JDM skeleton is a must!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned