The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Go Away People

Quoting strokin4dr:
I reason why I was all about getting a 3 piece design was because I will be painting mine. I wanted to be able to spray the factory color on the hood and then insert the gel coated cf vents in it for that flawless, non-stick-on vent look. With the one piece design, it wound have to be taped up and the transition from paint to cf would just be a tape line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay2.gif

That's what many BMW guys do with Vorsteiner vented hoods. Tape works when painting.

So this is the usdm stock mold with the cf vents installed & a new mold made from that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif That's not what was agreed on for the final product & the price was for a 3 piece hood not a 1 piece unit. The cf hood underside support shown is the usdm one not the jdm one.

I understand your point, but you guys are requesting us to make something that is pretty much impossible. You want to keep the same price and have a 3 piece hood with complicated fab design and threaded carbon fiber vents. You have to realize that this is not a OEM jdm piece. It's a copy that looks like one with fully functional vents. Please tell me where else can you buy that hood with our style quality for $460 + $120 shipping and we pay $30 for every single box and $15 for packing material, which makes the hood $415. I have gone above and beyond to get this done for you guys. My carbon fiber guy only wants to make parts that will be profitable to him. He wants to build carbon fiber doors for bmw's, Evo IX and Subaru parts. He could honestly care less for DSM's or Galants, but based on your requests I begged him to complete this for us. We gave him free parts, bought new molding machines because he did not want to make any more parts for Galants after the trunk and oem hood fiasko. You guys asked us to make these parts and we sold one trunk and two hoods total after spending over $6000 on two molds. If you want a nice, clean desing with great quality it will not be at that price. Nobody can accomplish that for that price. Of course if we raise the price you guys will complain that it's too much. Honestly, Raul and I (both owners) have other primary sources of income and we could care less if we make something or not, as long as you guys are satisified and our fab guy makes a living. I understand that you could not get what you wanted 100%, but it's not possible at the price that you want to have it. Please take all the facts in consideration and let me know what do you want us to do. I will talk to the fab guy tomorrow and after that I am seriously done. I apologize, but this has gone a little too far with the last three group buys on here.

Quoting Garfield Wright:
So this is the usdm stock mold with the cf vents installed & a new mold made from that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif That's not what was agreed on for the final product & the price was for a 3 piece hood not a 1 piece unit. The cf hood underside support shown is the usdm one not the jdm one.

The mold of the hood is different. The underside support is a usdm piece made to fit the jdm hood. The underside is a seperate piece from the hood.

We've put allot of time and effort on this project, not to mention we bumped you guys ahead of other projects that we have. I hope you guys reconsider the price you are asking of the style quality of hood. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think that they have done an exceptional job at HiRev. I am getting finances in order for paying the rest of the payment towards the hood. Sucks having to pay $788 to the government this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

cOmpressor

All this and you guys are seriously bitching about the hoods being one piece?? Does it even matter? One less thing to come loose in my mind. Tax return is coming in theis week and I might just have to get one of these.

jcgalntvr4-244

I think they look good and will be paying for my first hood this next week.... you guys should be happy there done and actually look good from the top...

THEKID

Quoting spooling92vr4:
anyone get over there for fitment pictures?

is there still afitment issue or did they work it out

spooling92vr4

the hood is made from a different mold so it shouldnt have any problems like the old cf hoods, but it would still be nice to see how it fits on a car

Quoting Shiskibob:
I think that they have done an exceptional job at HiRev. I am getting finances in order for paying the rest of the payment towards the hood. Sucks having to pay $788 to the government this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Couldn't do any creative accounting? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quoting THEKID:
Quoting spooling92vr4:
anyone get over there for fitment pictures?

is there still afitment issue or did they work it out

Everything worked out. We are trying to get someone to come for a fitment test.

DarkDevilMMM

I think the hood looks VERY NICE, I am very grateful that someone finally made it happened and not some stupid crack head quality civic hood, most of all, it's NOT A SCAM THIS TIME.

the only problem I know of a 1 piece w/vent design is that the transition between the scoop area and the mating area usually looks funny/weird/wavy if not done right. but from the pics that was included, I think it seems not an issue at all.

people never appreciate what others have done for them, never even thought about what others have gone through, what the process usually consists of, all they know is to doubt and critize no matter what the outcome is. if you want a 3, 4, 5, 6 or a eleventybillions pieces of CF hood, go buy an evo or m3, they made hoods like that for them. oh but wait, you can't afford an evo or m3, that's right. kthxbi.

slugsgomoo

frankly I could care less about the hood being one piece, I wanted weight savings and venting.

If i ever paint it, vents will be the same color so that's not an issue.

I would prefer the JDM vents since the chopped up US style underside is a bit dodgy looking and hell, it's a gvr4, the hood spends a lot of time up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Given how good both sides of the OEM one looked I'm sure it's not an issue with Kamil or his fab guy, but I would really like to see a JDM underside.

frankly, a FG version that was cheaper would be just fine too, since it's not like the CF is saving us a ton of weight on this over FG. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

CarRacer

For Kamil and Raul,

Number 1) I think the main reason people have an issue with the 1 piece vs 3 piece hood is the lack of communication about that.

Number 2) Bitching about materials required to construct and ship the hood to your potential customers is pointless. That's the price of doing business son. No one forced you to spend that money or change the schedule of your mold maker.

Number 3) we appreciate the effort and time you put in, but better communication and understanding of the risks in any business venture would have led to a more palatable outcome for all.

I hope I didn't come off wrong. I wasn't knocking the fact that it's done & that I won't buy one. Just pointing out that a 3 piece was what was discussed & agreed on, that's all. The hood looks great & a big thanks to Jeremy & HiRev for getting this done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. It took a lot of effort on a few people's part to pull this off. So thanks again for getting this made. The communication was not there when the executive decision was made to use the existing usdm skeleton.

Last edited by a moderator:

JSchleim18

I'll come on and say this...I'm a little pissed off you guys used the existing USDM skeleton and used it for the JDM hood. I would have appreciated it if you guys made the JDM hood using the exact JDM parts I gave you. I don't mind a 1 piece but when the JDM skeleton is different from the USDM skeleton then I don't like that.

There was *no* reason to do that.

JSchleim18

SOrry for a double post:

This is my problem...in my pic of the actual JDM hood with the fire blanket on, you can see that the skeleton curves around the vent to make it sit clean. What YOU did was take the bottom of the USDM skeleton and placed it on the JDM hood and cut out holes to fit the vents...looks LIKE COMPLETE sh*t. I don't appreciate that Kamil. I spent good money on sending that hood out to be done exactly as how it looked. Not for you to cheap out. I'm a business man so I understand where you're coming from in cheaping out but I don't appreciate it on my watch. Especially when I'm buying one for myself. So that $100 extra off doesn't really mean sh*t to me when I wasted my time and $80 in shipping materials to get this hood done as it should've been.

Your CF Hood:
click

My Original JDM Hood:
click

Don't get me wrong, I completely appreciate what you did and went out of your way to deal with a dead market in a rare cheap-o car, but when I ask for something to be done as it should've been, don't come out with something else and try to defend it. You should have came to me first before you gave the OK.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

frankly I'm going to end up with the hood either way because of weight & venting purposes (as my last post mentioned).

However, I would be willing to pay a bit more to have the proper underside structure made depending on how steep the cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts