The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Gauge interest group buy Front air diverter

prove_it

Hmm, well cardboard would be easier to ship and cheaper in materials, but I'd like something a little more weather proof.

prove_it

Cardboard from beer boxes is waxed.....

jeverts

I have been toying with carbon fiber also. Looking into the cost on both aluminum and carbon fiber. Just be aware that it is like 3 times more expensive than aluminum.

minneSNOWta

Quoting jeverts:
We are suppose to be getting a FARO arm soon so I am waiting on that. It will speed the design process considerably and get a better product. Otherwise I am going to be cutting this out of cardboard and having something that isn't going perfect.

Siqq.

KiNgMaRtY

Even one made of PU/PP would be nice and would keep cost down with an OEM looking product. Any of them would be nice as long as it is made /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CheapTalon

Quoting Heckert:
Possible design suggestion...

Drink holder...

This is the best looking one so far. They look a little basic when there are no bends at all.

Shameless plug, here is the one I just finished for my Colt.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Shameless plug, here is the one I just finished for my Colt.

Now that is something to consider on my end. Hmmm ..... but then again, all my weatherstripping is still intact, rad support strip and the two flaps above the headlights.

Do GVR4's have rubber strips/flaps above the headlamp assemblies, hood mounted?

656of1000

I'll be interested in one as well. My crusty old radiator needs all the help it can get. Plus, I'm still running a/c and a '90 oil cooler, so I could really use this...

jcgalntvr4-244

I'm in for 2 let me know when there ready to be paid for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pot

Staff member
I think once we get a ballpark cost estimate w/ CONUS and OCONUS shipping price, we should get a tally going to help jeverts. I'm definitely in for one without question. And I don't see shipping costing as much as some folks have stated despite the length of the packaging. I'd estimate it would weight below 8 lbs too. FEDEX probably looking at less than $35.00 ground.

jeverts

Faro Arm got here today. Im waiting on a lap top and I need to build a magnetic base for it and I will start to get a drawing made up.

minneSNOWta

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

galantgti

Can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned