The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Gauge interest group buy Front air diverter

GSTwithPSI

Whether I buy one or not, I just appreciate you doing this for the community.

The oil cap is one of the nicest pieces I have on my car, not to mention it fits and functions as well as the stock piece. Let's not even talk about the amount of successful group buys that have ever gone here.

jeverts

Sorry guys got put on the back burner. I have been busy with work and other endeavors that I am working on. I will see what I can come up with. I might see if I can add mounting tabs on that first bolt on the fenders just to prevent rattle. The other option is to just have a small diverter that will mount in between the headlights and not worry about going over the headlights.

jeverts

I am going to make one by hand out of aluminum plate for fittment. After that I have been talking to a guy that does carbon fiber and he is willing to make them. Probably run .125 thick which will be more than sturdy enough and then go with the JDM fender washers and flat head screws.

turbophein

i have a cnc router that can cut these out no problem. they look flat so as long as they are i can make them. i just need the template. MADE IN THE USA

jeverts

I will get a hold of the guy that is doing the carbon fiber for me and see where he is at on these. A couple weeks back he was going to make one that I could mock up on my car and get these ready to go.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Now that is something to consider on my end. Hmmm ..... but then again, all my weatherstripping is still intact, rad support strip and the two flaps above the headlights.

Do GVR4's have rubber strips/flaps above the headlamp assemblies, hood mounted?

So, I scanned through this post, and forgive me if I missed this, but I never did find a price on the 'metal' version - regardless of "numbers of interest", etc., etc.,. I've been 'stalking' this site for information since I've recently (well, a few months back) acquired a vr4, in horrible shape (underhood fire) and am in the process of putting it back together. (Thank you Pot for posting your number and sending boxes of parts out for my rebuild.)
I'm not sure the number since it looks as though they started pulling 'valuable' identity pieces - badges, tags, etc., but there is one booklet that said either 666 or 660.. I'll see if I can find it again,, but anyhow, wasn't too important to me.

I do carbon fiber, kevlar (aramid fibers), technical fabrics, etc., etc., and I'd make a plug for this part, if there was a CONSOLIDATED list of people that SERIOUSLY want it. I'm not sure who has the time to scroll through 5 pages of who may or may not be interested in a single part. Not sure any business could perform properly that way, anyhow straight to the chase.

How much was the rough window of what these were going to cost,,
@10=200.00
@20=150.00
etc., etc., anyone?

anyhow, thanks for keeping this site alive, it's been helpful.
-W-

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
W, I think this withered because the maker changed jobs and moved. He may see these recent posts and be interested again. Otherwise you could possibly move ahead yourself.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned