The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front mount

Kibby

It will help. You can run more boost as well pending supporting mods

GSTwithPSI

It depends. You planning on running a stock turbo forever? Also, what front mount? There are plenty of intercoolers that would help performance on a stock turbo.

Last edited:

Mr_Fielgood

yes I plan on running stock turbo for a while as I am using this car as my daily. Once I can afford upgrading turbo along with other upgrades I'm going to be running stock

coyotes

It's a big upgrade to a stock car. The stock piping is decent, but the intercooler itself is pretty worthless. I'd expect a decent upgrade in power when you go to a larger unit. It is dyno proven to increase power:

click

click

It is reasonable to expect similar numbers if your engine is in good shape and up to date on maintenance.

tektic

No. The stock intercooler sucks. The stock turbo isn't bad. It will work much better if you switch to an e3 7cm turbine housing and use 2g DSM manifold and o2 housing. Port match for best results. You can most likely find these parts locally on Craig's list for under $100 if you look for a while. Your 14b housing and manifold is likely cracked any way. Every one I ever had was at least.

Mr_Fielgood

Eventually I plan on ugrading to a fp manifold and front mount. I want to restore my car to mostly oem status.

prove_it

Stick to the 2g parts and you can keep the stock heat shields for a stock look.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned