The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bad front motor mount cause shifting issues?

ade

could a bad front motor mount cause rough gear engagement?

EHmotorsports

If you have a bad motor mount replace it. does it have a hard time going into gear at idle? if so i would look closer at the condition of your clutch hydraulic system.

Barnes

My intial reaction is no. However more people should comment on this.

prove_it

The mount won't effect shifting. The clutch line and shift cables will flex and move with the trans. Now if you had cables getting pinched with a LOT of engine movement, possibly then it might cause an issue. I highly doubt that is the issue though.

ade

it has trouble going into first and third. second and forth are fine sometimes reverse will be 4th and i have not been into fifth yet i throw it in 1st and let off the clutch, start to pull of and it pops out of gear, but when i hold it in gear it stays in 1st. The car did have a sloppy clutch pedal and i could not get into gear while running. i threw in brass bushings and welded it fixed, problem solved. i also remove my shifter assembly to shorten the lever a lil while back way before the car ran. could the shifter assembly base be off and cause this issue?

prove_it

Yes, sounds like you need to adjust the cables first. Try that and see how it feels.

ade

i wont get to find out till tue when my tbelt auto tensioner arrives. in the meantime you could try adjusting the cables.

Diego

Make sure your cable retainer on the trans is tight....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts