The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Feeler: Enkei RPF1's

bobdole

Hello Guys,

I had a chance to talk to my sales rep at Enkei today. We talked about the RPF1 wheel. Knowing they don't offer any in the 4x114.3 bolt pattern in good enough sizes. My questions is would any members be interested in special ordering a particular size? Can special order any size and offset. 10 sets min which isn't that bad really.

My question is. Would you guys be interested? and what size would you go for? and finish?

Charles

Last edited:

coyotes

I've had a set of these before on a 240sx, really love them. 17lbs weight in a 17x9.5" wheel.

I just got wheels so I doubt I would get some, but these are a great wheel for the price they normally go for.

bobdole

Must be in the 4x114.3 though. Yea 17 9.0 might be to aggressive for some guys. I was thinking 17 8.5 35 offset.

GSTwithPSI

I'd be in for a set, depending on price. The main reason I did a 5 lug conversion on 1813 is because even from the beginning, I always planned to get a set of RPF1s for the car, but couldn't get a decent size/offset combo in 4x114.3. I'd ditch the BBS LM1s on 1837 for a set of RPF1s in a heartbeat. The BBS wheels are nice, but are more busy than the RPF1s IMO. I like the clean and simple spoke design of the RPF1, and think they look great on every car I've ever seen.

I like a staggered set truthfully, but don't see that happening. I'd prefer a set in 17 x 9 +35, but would settle for a 17 x 8.5 +35 if that's what the general consensus wants. Either way, I'd prefer the wheels in gold, or possibly matte black, again, depending in the general consensus.

What are we looking at for pricing, Charles?

bobdole

I am working out the pricing with my sale rep now. Should have an answer tomorrow. Yea I think 17 8.5 35 offset would be a nice size. You can fit a good size tire also.

bobdole

Maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MellowVR4

I would be ok on that size, but +28 offset, just seems right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Wondering on the price

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Also, is their a color choice?

G

Staff member
You should do different diameters. Some guys may want 16"s, 17"s or 18"s. May help you to get to 10 sets faster. I'm interested in a staggered set. If you get that approved lmk.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting MellowVR4:
Also, is their a color choice?

Unless Charles is getting some custom hookup color, I'd assume it's going to be one of the 4 standard color choices:
rpf1-large.jpg

Last edited:

MellowVR4

gold would be the color I would go with.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting G:
You should do different diameters. Some guys may want 16"s, 17"s or 18"s. May help you to get to 10 sets faster. I'm interested in a staggered set. If you get that approved lmk.

Enkei isn't going to sh*t out 10 different sets of custom spec'd wheels at a price most people could afford. If I understand Charles' post correctly, that's the whole point of ordering 10 sets, so Enkei will make a custom set aside from whats typically offered in 4x114.3. It's 10 sets of one custom spec'd wheel, or none at all. Hence, having to agree on a size, offset and color. I'd like a staggered set as well, but as I said in my first post, that's probably not going to happen for the reasons stated above.

Honestly, I think finding 10 guys on this forum alone that want a set will be hard enough. Finding 10 guys who want and set, and can agree on size, color and offset will be impossible. 5 sets would probably be much more realistic.

I wonder if there are even 10 guys still running 4 lug hubs left on the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Olson

17x9" with 27mm offset

Back in the day the DSMtuner guys did a GB with TeamDynamics and they figured out this is the best setup for our cars

MellowVR4

Hmmm, interesting.

bobdole

It has to be one size and one offset. So we would need to agree on that. What about a gun metal finish?

Jesus_Negros

I vote: 17x8(+10)/17x9(-10)

jnava

Staff member
I love gouuld

bobdole

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
I vote: 17x8(+10)/17x9(-10)

That isn't going to happen sorry.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned