The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Feeler: Enkei RPF1's

jnava

Staff member
Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting G:
You should do different diameters. Some guys may want 16"s, 17"s or 18"s. May help you to get to 10 sets faster. I'm interested in a staggered set. If you get that approved lmk.

Enkei isn't going to sh*t out 10 different sets of custom spec'd wheels at a price most people could afford. If I understand Charles' post correctly, that's the whole point of ordering 10 sets, so Enkei will make a custom set aside from whats typically offered in 4x114.3. It's 10 sets of one custom spec'd wheel, or none at all. Hence, having to agree on a size, offset and color. I'd like a staggered set as well, but as I said in my first post, that's probably not going to happen for the reasons stated above.

Honestly, I think finding 10 guys on this forum alone that want a set will be hard enough. Finding 10 guys who want and set, and can agree on size, color and offset will be impossible. 5 sets would probably be much more realistic.

I wonder if there are even 10 guys still running 4 lug hubs left on the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Still running 4lug and I will keep it that way. Im ISOwheels at this time in this pattern.

transparentdsm

same here, i like the 4 lug and i like the stock rims, so if and when i want to put them on i can, its nice to have an easy and free set of winter rims, which after i finish buying G's ENKEI's i will have sumer and winter rims.

i like these rims too, but id want a 16" so i won't be in this buy at all.

mitsuturbo

Quoting bobdole:
Must be in the 4x114.3 though. Yea 17 9.0 might be to aggressive for some guys. I was thinking 17 8.5 35 offset.

YES! THIS!!

Olson

17x9" with 27mm offset you guys know this is the optimal fitment for our cars right....

Leon_R

Do not forget about Colt/Mirage/Summit guys! I would post this on 4g61t.org.

What is the closest size that they currently sell for our cars?

Last edited:

bobdole

Sorry guys this isn't going to happen. Enkei said they can't make the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. Sucks wanted to get this going.

4Grim

Can you possibly set a GB for a 5x114 pattern for the guys running 5 lug? I would be interested if the price is right!

KiNgMaRtY

Another vote for 17x9. Anywhere from a +27 to +35. Also another fact is that the 17x9 looks so much better than the 17x8 or 17x8.5. The design and face is actually a bit different

KiNgMaRtY

I hadn't clicked on page 2, darn that sucks that they can't make them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bobdole

yea I was disappointed for sure. The 5x114.3 bolt pattern should be no problem. We can do something if there is interest. Has to be 10 sets of on size and offset.

Charles

bobdole

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Another vote for 17x9. Anywhere from a +27 to +35. Also another fact is that the 17x9 looks so much better than the 17x8 or 17x8.5. The design and face is actually a bit different

Enkei already offer a 17 9.0 +22 or +35 offset now. They have silver finish in stock. They also do a 17 8.5 +30 offset in silver, black and SBC finish. All in stock at Enkei. These are 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Wookalar

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Quoting G:
You should do different diameters. Some guys may want 16"s, 17"s or 18"s. May help you to get to 10 sets faster. I'm interested in a staggered set. If you get that approved lmk.

Enkei isn't going to sh*t out 10 different sets of custom spec'd wheels at a price most people could afford. If I understand Charles' post correctly, that's the whole point of ordering 10 sets, so Enkei will make a custom set aside from whats typically offered in 4x114.3. It's 10 sets of one custom spec'd wheel, or none at all. Hence, having to agree on a size, offset and color. I'd like a staggered set as well, but as I said in my first post, that's probably not going to happen for the reasons stated above.

Honestly, I think finding 10 guys on this forum alone that want a set will be hard enough. Finding 10 guys who want and set, and can agree on size, color and offset will be impossible. 5 sets would probably be much more realistic.

I wonder if there are even 10 guys still running 4 lug hubs left on the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Two people could do staggered if they went into a set together. Get four wheels, each person use two as rears and then they would have to buy their two other smaller wheels for the front. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

RedTwo

Quoting bobdole:
Sorry guys this isn't going to happen. Enkei said they can't make the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. Sucks wanted to get this going.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif
I know a guy who can make these in CF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Payment in full, in advance via Western Union to:
Skip Townsly.
First Caribbean Bank, Cayman Islands.

mitsuturbo

Quoting bobdole:

That seems incredibly odd, since i've seen multiple 240's with 4x114.3 pattern rocking RPF1s. Hell, i can find 16x7 or 16x8 in 114.3 all day long on the interwebs.

Last edited:

ade

wow enkie backed out... sucks, if the price is right i would be in on a set

Quoting RedTwo:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif I know a guy who can make these in CF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Payment in full, in advance via Western Union to:
Skip Townsly. First Caribbean Bank, Cayman Islands.

count me in!! as long as it gets infused with lonsdaleite and is coated in Boron Nitride.

bobdole

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting bobdole:

That seems incredibly odd, since i've seen multiple 240's with 4x114.3 pattern rocking RPF1s. Hell, i can find 16x7 or 16x8 in 114.3 all day long on the interwebs.

Yea not sure to be honest. Seems odd.

idreamidrive

Why no love for 15x8's? Is it a clearing calipers thing?

Anybody know of Konig contact to ask about getting some "Dial In" made in 15x8 4x114.3?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned