The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Feal CoilOver 441MI-05 7K 7K

idreamidrive

I autox with Sean of 8bit. He finally got his suspension from Odi. Ryan from Singular Motorsports has had his suspension from FEAL for the last year and loves them. They are higher end units though. Sean's old suspension is going on my friends miata that I share for autox. Hopefully Sean will be autoxing tomorrow and I can go for a ride along with him. His car is more streetable than Ryans.

EMX5636

Any idea on if there actually will be a promotion soon? I'm in the market now, but might hold off depending on timeline.

ApexHunter

I'm hoping to have something set up for the .org by Friday!

These kits are built to order; typical lead time is about 2 weeks.

EMX5636

Apex, can you check into the brake line attaching mounts? I have been doing some reading up on DSMTuners/etc for input on the 1G kits. It appears the front has mounts, but they aren't correct, and the rear doesn't have anything. Can you see if this has been remedied? If not, apparently they sell a clamp/stud kit that clamps to the lower mount that could work for brake line attachments. Can you get pricing on that?

ApexHunter

^These and the BC are nearly identical externally, so i too am curious about this and will be investigating. This is one solution, thanks MT: click

How does K-Sport do it on their GVR4 kit?

EMX5636

KSport doesn't do anything for brake line attachments aside from flimsy thin stamped plates that you can bolt to the strut mounting bolt and bend as needed. They are junk, so I just hose clamped the stock bracket/hard line assembly to the coilover body. It works, but I'd prefer a cleaner solution if I'm buying a new set.

Fiascoxl

Quoting ApexHunter:
^These and the BC are nearly identical externally, so i too am curious about this and will be investigating. This is one solution, thanks MT: click

How does K-Sport do it on their GVR4 kit?

I went this route but instead of relying on two peices of metal to thread into I used a nutsert insert to bolt into.

ApexHunter

Well folks they're up and available to order. Please note, these are built to order, and typical lead time is about 2 weeks!

I'm still working on some sort of introductory promotion for you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

prove_it

Who wants to buy my JICs so I can take this up?

idreamidrive

Quoting ApexHunter:
Well folks they're up and available to order. Please note, these are built to order, and typical lead time is about 2 weeks!

I'm still working on some sort of introductory promotion for you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

I would love some gravel spec ones but Odi said he wouldn't build me any. If you could change that... That would be awesome. I don't need full blown rally suspension, just something for rallyx and reccee

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Crap! I want coilovers, but saving up for a hoist and waiting for 2 different guys to come and buy my old Datsun race car parts.

Interesting spring choice with same rate front and rear. David (Apex), any insight on that?

ApexHunter

^ Ice, I can only speculate at the moment. I trust they have reason for not staggering the rates with a front bias, so i will ask them directly.

Quoting idreamidrive:
Quoting ApexHunter:

click

I would love some gravel spec ones but Odi said he wouldn't build me any. If you could change that... That would be awesome. I don't need full blown rally suspension, just something for rallyx and reccee

I will look into this for you.

Thanks for the responses and questions everyone. Additionally, per the suggestion of another .org member, i'd like to know if they can build an inverted type front strut. I don't think it is a matter of "can" as much as a matter of "will", seeing as their external componentry seems identical to that of other manufacturers currently offering inverted.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Money is in hand once we figure out the inverted option and potential intro price. I think I'll be happier with these on a car that gets driven without worry of trying to rebuild a set of JIC's. I'm in, but I'd really like the Carbon Fiber bodies prove it mentioned above. I would prepay with no timeline of completion for those. They'd match my carbon fiber group buy roll cage perfectly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ApexHunter

Thanks everyone for being patient while i get things sorted out for you guys. As I linked to earlier, the kits are up for sale on our site. I have a special introductory deal for gvr4.org, please PM or email david at heeltoeauto dot com for details. Feel free to hit me up as needed with any questions or what have you. Here's the info requested thus far:

As far as inverted goes, they are not interested in offering this feature now or in the future, except perhaps for a motorsports application. They have been successful with the conventional non-inverted design, even on their rally specific kits, and do not feel the added complexity and maintenance are worthwhile. While inverted is awesome, they do require more upkeep, namely lubrication and cleaning for good long term performance.

Quoting EMX5636:
Apex, can you check into the brake line attaching mounts?

For the front, they have a bracket that they attach to the lower mounting bracket during assembly that serves as a mounting point. No rear brake line mounting provision.

Not ideal, but if ever there was a group of guys that could handle figuring out how to mount a brake line bracket, i'd have more confidence in this group than most others. Besides, for those that remember that motorsports grade DMS coilovers from back in the day, they didn't have em front or rear (and for substantially more $$), but the performance of that setup was well worth it for those who wanted it.

Quoting iceman69510:
Interesting spring choice with same rate front and rear. David (Apex), any insight on that?

They have found that the equal rates work best for our multi-link rear suspension design because of its motion ratio. If the motion ratio was 1:1, then having a staggered setup with a front bias might make sense, but because the motion ratio is less than 1:1, you need a bit more rear spring.

If anyone would like to do a staggered spring set it's certainly possible. With the off the shelf valving, the dampers can handle a 2K spring change either stiffer or softer, so you have some leeway there anyhow.

Quoting idreamidrive:

This is certainly not out of the question in the future, but at this time they do not have the resources available (read: time) to properly engineer a kit that is going to have to be reliable and perform in a highly demanding situation like that.

Let me know and we could revisit it in the future perhaps, and i'm sure it would also help if we could get some more people interested as well! Need to be able to justify the R&D investment with some sales down the road. (that last bit is my speculation but i bet there's some truth there)

Last edited:

G

Staff member
No gravel here either >> click

ApexHunter

Quoting ApexHunter:
While inverted is awesome, they do require more upkeep, namely lubrication and cleaning for good long term performance.

To the point, THIS is what they are trying to avoid requiring of their product and therefore their customers. The method would vary depending on design of course, but this is the idea.

IMG_4769_8_1.jpg

TEIN has addressed this by creating a new triple tube design, which looks pretty sweet, but it appears to be exclusive to TEIN at least for mass-production.

img05.jpg

img04.jpg

GSTwithPSI

It was really cool of you to do this for the community, David. Especially seeing as you don't even own a VR-4 anymore, or benefit from this in any way. It's guys like you who make this place legit.

I wish I were in the market for a set of coilovers, but I currently don't have the funds, or really the need for new set right now. How long do you expect this promo to last?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned