The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Factory or aftermarket?

Brunoboy

first time ive ever heard of or seen this item

AnotherNewb

I would.make sure it was in english before I bought it. Only thing like this I have seen was in the galant that was covered in "sample" stickers.

Diego

^ that. Iirc it even had like a dvd player a tv tuner and more gizmos then you could think of...

prove_it

Looks like an aftermarket display. Never heard of something like this for our generation. It could be a universal double din.

marvinmadman

I vote for OEM. Seen a few before this one over the years. The plugs look like factory too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cheekychimp

Yeah pretty sure that is OEM but probably pretty useless as the TV and tuner will be calibrated for Japanese TV and FM frequencies.

I agree on that.. just like you cant use japan cell phones here. ive never seen it ive only seen the flip up navi units for them an there mostly on AMG

Dasith

i talked with the seller,,,

he did say it was from an AMG, and he also said, that from other cars he had imported from japan, he could only get a couple of tv channels at most in new zealand. so yeah tv tuner will be pretty much useless.. too bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif thats a nice piece of oem gear

eh yeah i didint htink that tru.. you couldnt back in the nokiya days i remember my ex wife had a few from when she was there that we couldnt get hooked up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned