The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evolution 8 Stock Exhaust on GVR4?

Did a few searches & Googled....I have not found anything.

Has anyone done this? How far is it off?

The rear setion can be made to fit and actually looks great on the Galant. On of the NY/NJ guys did it with a stock exhaust and it looked nice.

DR1665

Curious how well this flows compared to the stock GVR4 unit. I'd like to avoid the drone (and attention) of an aftermarket system on my daily driver. Coming from the 2GNT DSM world, I know that the 2G GST catback is a direct fit on the non-turbo models. Piping diameter was the same, but the muffler itself flowed better and presented a slightly deeper exhaust note.

If this could be done on a GVR4, I'd consider it. Do we have any more information on the guys in NY/NJ who did this? Maybe we're lucky and there's YouTubes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MarkDML's old car:
Tyler007.jpg

more pics in members rides. He might have just done the rear slip but it looks low key and sound like a stock evo without a cat I'm sure.

turbofonz

How much modification is needed for that?

sixsixtwo

Hmm that looks really clean and subtle compared to a lot of the systems out there. I'm sure it would flow pretty well for a evoIII 16g with supporting mods.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Dead thread, and the OP is now unregistered. Dead photo links unless it is buried in the gallery back door somewhere.
Buy what works, and is listed for 1G/2G/GVR4 is the best advice. You have a bunch of options, even aluminum now via STM for the 1G's.
There is a whole exhaust fitment thread very recent here in the other sections on the forum.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned