The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo3 ecu

tintoy

I have a stock ecu(5808), im planning to use an evo3 ecu. Do i need to rewire? And also would it benefit me using an evo3 ecu? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Evo3 has much more compression 9:1 so maps are different. They are closer to a 2G then a 1G. Evo III is also different maps then Evo I-II (8:5:1)

I believe you will need to rewire since Evo 1-3 is specific to that run of cars. I have the wiring diagrams of EvoIII ECU pinout if you do need them

RedTwo

IIRC You'll have to find the AFM (with an 808 stamp iirc) from an Evo or 2nd Gen VR4 and 510cc injectors for it to work happily in stock form.
I've only heard of one person figuring out how to rewrite the EPROM chips in these ECUs.

fuel

609 is the AFM you want, also found on some Diamantes

tintoy

Already have a 609 maf, 510cc, evo3 fpr, evo5 fuel pump and big 16g. Do i have to replace my stock ecu?

Eprom chips are pretty easy to get. I just sold one for 660cc's I had made. I will half to lookup the site. If that's what you mean
Also Dsm link works well for it later down the road if you went that route

Matching the ECU with the correct electronics/sensors are key to any proper operating efi engine. Especially in stock form. Tuning it is the next step

It can't be that hard to rewire really? What are the plugs on a GR4 like? 1G or 2G? CAS? or crank/timing cam?? Probably no one does it because of the at hand standalones available I would bet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned