The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO 8 Brembo's on a VR4 Question

GSX_TC

and i suppose putting my wheels on an EVO 8 to see if they clear wouldnt be the right way to determine that would it?

QnzMostWanted

judging by the look of your wheels, it might be really tight but they MAY fit, test fitting on an evo would work to determine if ur offset is correct

stock offset on evo wheels are +38 so anything that offset or lower would clear

Last edited:

boostedinaz

^^^^

I wheel could have the offset that is "correct" but the spokes still may not clear.

Yes, putting you wheels on an EVO would tell you if they would clear with EVO calipers. Now be warned it may not be a 100% accurate but it will be damn close.

QnzMostWanted

also, a spacer might help as well, i know alot of people are against using them, but its alot cheaper than having to buy new wheels

GSX_TC

I just gotta get one of my Evo buddies to let me try it.

turbowop

17x8's with the correct offset and fixed camber front and rear would look better anyway and give you better performance since you can run a much wider tire. Do you want Brembos for aesthetics or performance? You should be asking that same question regarding wheels and tires.

GSX_TC

i want them for both aesthetics or performance. i just hope my rims are wide enough. do yall think i would be able to fit them on an EVO X and see if they'll clear those brembo's?

BrandonEchols

The Brembos on the X are larger than the 7/8/9 if memory serves me right, along with larger rotors.
I think if they clear the brakes on the X you should have no issues.

GSX_TC

sweet. a have a buddy down the street with an EVO X. now i just gotta find time to go over there.

kama1

Quoting BrandonEchols:
To do the rears and keep the e-brake you'll need 3000GT VR4 rear trailing arms, they use a drum-in-disc design like the Evo...
The guy you'll need to get in touch with goes by the name of KMV over on DSM Tuners, brackets ran me $150 shipped, with all the hardware you'll need.
I'm in the process of sorting the particulars out right now - the rear evo rotors being larger and with a higher hat than the stock rotors - so I think a spacer will be needed.
Everyone I talked to said the 3000GT rear arms were bolt on, but that's not what I've found - mine needed some die grinder modifications, and I haven't even got them fitted yet. I'll do a write up when I get everything sorted, but it's a process for sure.

same here just found out a while ago.
anyone know if the 3000gt/gto front knuckles fit?they look very similar execpt the axles are a lot bigger and the bearing are different
or if the 3000gt/gto has the same distance of mounting tabs as the evo brembo?
had them side by side and it looks like it will work if i get around the bearing problem.

GSX_TC

Well it turns out my the owner of that Evo X is a lil bitch, didn't wanna let me test fit my wheels on his precious lil evo just because of the fact that "he's never taken off the wheels since he bought it" some friend he is! Guess I'll just have to find somebody else with an Evo who is willing to let me test fit one of my wheels on it. On a side note I got another question for y'all. Will stock Usdm Evo 8 front rotors bolt up to a galant VR4 with a 5 lug conversion?

BrandonEchols

Quoting kama1:
Quoting BrandonEchols:
To do the rears and keep the e-brake you'll need 3000GT VR4 rear trailing arms, they use a drum-in-disc design like the Evo...
The guy you'll need to get in touch with goes by the name of KMV over on DSM Tuners, brackets ran me $150 shipped, with all the hardware you'll need.
I'm in the process of sorting the particulars out right now - the rear evo rotors being larger and with a higher hat than the stock rotors - so I think a spacer will be needed.
Everyone I talked to said the 3000GT rear arms were bolt on, but that's not what I've found - mine needed some die grinder modifications, and I haven't even got them fitted yet. I'll do a write up when I get everything sorted, but it's a process for sure.

same here just found out a while ago.
anyone know if the 3000gt/gto front knuckles fit?they look very similar execpt the axles are a lot bigger and the bearing are different
or if the 3000gt/gto has the same distance of mounting tabs as the evo brembo?
had them side by side and it looks like it will work if i get around the bearing problem.

This was briefly discussed here.
I was pursuing it as an option to avoid using adaptors for the 3000GT calipers.

Jordangvr4

Quoting GSX_TC:
Will stock Usdm Evo 8 front rotors bolt up to a galant VR4 with a 5 lug conversion?[/b]

Yes it will, its the same 5x114 bolt set up. You will have to bend or remove the dust sheild.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Thank you jordangvr4!! thats great news! this lil project is not gonna be as hard as i thought

BrandonEchols

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

BrandonEchols

Have been taking pics of each step.
I may have to enlist the witchcraft of Curtis for some spacers and odds and ends.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned