The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: EVO 4 Front knuckles

89Patches

Ok first of lets get this straight, these are not a bolt in affair!! Well sorta

I was going to run these on my car but went a different direction. Reason for using these knuckles is you can bolt any year of Evo Brembo calipers to them.
Also the use the same wheel bearings as Evo 8/9's I believe as well.

Basically what you need to run these is a different style ball joint. I believe a PT cruiser ball joint will work not 100% sure.

I am asking $130 Plus shipping & paypal fees. I will get some pic's up tomorrow.

If you have any questions just ask!

I have some questions and some comments. I've been seriously looking at this swap with EVO 8-9 knuckles, and there are issues, some I have seen discussed and some not.

EVO 8-9 knuckle CL of bearing to CL of steering rod ball tapered hole is about 6.25 in.
1G Eclipse AWD knuckle CL of bearing to CL of steering rod ball tapered hole is about 5.75 in.

EVO 8-9 knuckle strut mounting flange width is about 1.030 in.
1G Eclipse AWD knuckle mounting flange width is about 0.984 in.

EVO 8-9 knuckle strut mounting bolt holes are about 0.552 in dia.
1G Eclipse AWD knuckle strut mounting bolt holes are about 0.472 in and 0.490 in dia. on my assembly.

EVO 8-9 knuckle CL of bearing is about even with flange of rod end mount.
1G Eclipse AWD knuckle CL of bearing is about 0.875 inch lower than flange of rod end mount.

EVO 8-9 knuckle is about 3.5 lbs heavier than 1G Eclipse AWD knuckle.

What are the relevant dimensions on the EVO 4 knuckle in relation to these?

Front wheel bearing for EVO 4 is listed as MR334386 which appears to be a late 2g Eclipse and 3g Eclipse bearing not the EVO 8-9 MB914617, unless the the EVO has the same dimensions but upgraded materials.
For reference EVO 9 on left, 1G Eclipse AWD on right

Removed random Knuckle pictures since OP posted a more complete view of items.

Last edited:

89Patches

Ok here you go.

The CL of Bearing to CL Tie rod end tapered hole is 5.580"

Strut mount width is 0.880"

Strut mounting holes are 0.469"

And yes you are right about the bearing being the same as a 2G, I can never remember which one it is. There is a reason why you can't mix up the front knuckles on Evo's 4/5/6's because every year they made little changes to them.

Here are some Pic's

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned