The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FD wheels on 3kgt vr4 brakes....

Tre3zy

ive been search for a while now in the board and in tuners but cant find anything about what im looking for.... for those that has the 3kgt vr4 brakes on your car has any of you guys try fitting them with the FD wheels? i saw this click those are FD wheels on an evo with has the oem brakes.... looks like they fit.... and i did a research of wat size oem evo rotors are and they are bigger that the vr4 ones.... 12.65" evo vs 12.36" vr4 rotors.... what you guys think? will they fit?

gtluke

oooooo good question,
subscribing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

Tre3zy, I did a little googling/researching and read some threads on EvoM.

Looks like you have to use a 20mm spacers up front and you have to use the non reinforced 1g FD wheels, they are marked "50" which confirms that they are the 1st generation wheels that fit.
Here are some pics from the EvoM thread:

non-reinforced that fit w/ 50 marking

reinforced that do not fit

difference in barrel design between both generations of wheels

It would be interesting what a Gvr4 would look like w/ the spacers, 3kgt brakes and wheels up front. It might have "macho chicano" look w/o proper negative camber or flares. I'm running evo8's w/ my 3kgt brakes but the difference in weight interests me.

Evo wheels are around 20 lbs. w/o tires compared to the non reinforced FD's which are 13 lbs.; would be a trick drag racing setup and some Hoosiers like the evo's are runnig.

When I first bought my vr4 there was a car on the ORG running FD wheels but couldn't find it, they looked good if my memory serves me correctly.

Ralli380Gvr4

Another pic of an evo with some matted FD's

closeup of the fronts

Tre3zy

good find Ralli380Gvr4 damn 20mm spacers in the front? that sh*t is gonna stick out like hell LOL!!!! but yea i will look into playing with this setup once i get my 3kgtvr4 setup

RedTwo

As I understand it, you need to run spacers with FD wheels anyway. They are 16x8 +50 the rears will clash with the trailing arm, unless you cut and weld like gtluke:

Tre3zy

yea i know that... the rear i was planning on running those spacers with the built studs on them and a hub ring.... in the fronts you dont have to rum spacers as long as you dont go over 225 on your tires.... im just worried that the front will stick out too much if you run with a 200 in the fronts....

gtluke

The fronts fit fine without any mods, the backs need the notching.
FYI I have like 20k miles on that setup now when you all said my control arms would break, lol
I wonder if we need the spacers in front with 3kgt brakes, the evo brakes might be bigger.

Tre3zy

hey luke im thinking that the fronts might need spacers.... i dont know if we need as much as the evo guys though.... i hope not lol

OMFGeofffff

Looks like markdml had wheels that look like the fd wheels. click Maybe he can chime in here?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned