The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

every tool dropping/beer drinking galant owner needs this

Hey guys, although this is my first post, I've been registered to the forum for a year or two.
I just wanted to post a few pics of my handy beer / tool holder.
My days of bumping beers off the valve cover and spilling them down into the injectors or onto the exhaust are all over.

aside from this thing being extremely useful for tools and what not.
it helps to direct the flow of air into the radiator than over the upper core support.

This next picture is of the two out of our three galants in town...And they're ALL RUNNING. Woot!
the gold one on the left is mine the white car is a friends.

A little video of the car at idle

im the owner of the "rally style" or not lowered white galant and got a few more pics of this and ALL should own one!!!

another shot here...

he wouldn't make anyone else one though...wtf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

464/2K

ill take one that goes above the grille, minus the cup holder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

H05TYL

light beer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I used the Bud Light can for show, im a guiness drinker normally.
this post is mostly a feeler to see what people thought

I used a piece of 10 ga aluminum sheet and ALOT of careful measuring.
I didn't know if the hood would close if I made it full length vs just having it over top of the grille, but it all clears and the hood closes fine.

JUST REMEMBER TO REMOVE YOUR BEER BEFORE CLOSING, LOL.

turbowop

I think Guiness has less alcohol than Bud Light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Interesting concept though. Pretty sweet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

464/2K

ha that makes 1 usable cupholder on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

onesickcrx

I like it looks cool and cleans up the engine bay a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

TurboTrader

That is absolutely awesome! We need a group buy for this, and we need you to produce some quantity of them, if you can. Otherwise I will make one myself, I'm sure.

As others have said, it would make for at least one useful cup holder, thanks to Mitsubishi for providing none!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Thanks guys, I figured some of you would dig this. knowing from experience how often we all work on these
cars, I had to post, any of you can make one of these easily. the cutout for the hood latch is as tight as I could make it. you dont really have to cover the headlights tho, I did for aesthetics and for more tool and beer real estate.LOL

I was thinking about making a few of these to sell, I basically already have the template on my car, the only thing is All the holes would need to be made by you, because none of these cars are exactly the same.

Ill eventually post more pics and info about my ride when I get the chance.
like for instance how nicely the SRT-4 seats fit in our cars, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nice piece. Definitely a beer drinkers helper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wop,
Correct you are. Giuness4%,giuness stout4.27%, bud light 4.2%

Fever

NICE. Would be cool to hear the measurements of this thingie. Sketch, draft or something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Staff member
Ha! That's awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Street Surgeon

Awesome indeed, good stuff man!

Terry Posten

I would take one, but don't need the drink holder.

And I agree about selling them blank without any holes.

If you sell just a blank plate, count me in.

Thanks.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It'll hold MD too Terry.

The new Challenger has two cupholders molded in the front end cover under hood too.

raptorWagon

This is what you should really have, who needs cup holders when you can carry cases of beer on the top workbench of this tool box. Even has 4 wheel disc brakes. I just got done the other day with silhouetting and inventorying all the drawers for our 250-300 tools that go in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts