The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Enkei RPF's17x8.5 30 --245/40/17--

mean_green

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of Enkei RPF's for a steal in this size and wanted to hear from some of you first hand if these would work out. I plan to have a relatively low stance on my gvr4. Any insight is appreciated or if they will rub what I might be able to do to get them to work, I'd like to add these to my wheel whore stable.

Thanks,-Alan

Andy_S

If you're pretty low then there will so definite fender to tire contact. You could probably put some smaller tires on to help it clear, but then it will be hellaflush and everyone here will hate you.

hey bro nice wheels you got there i had my 5 lug rpf1's from my evo before left over and now use them for race sessions on the VR4 wrapped on some Kumho V710's and another set on daily falken azenis Rt615K's yes the person before me who commented is right 245's will stick out no matter what you do. especially with a 17x8.5's

What do you have as suspension do you have coilovers? only way to get rid of the front to stick out is to give them a negative 7 camber.

I would sell those tires and get your losses back and buy some 225's or 235's I jave 235's on the V710's and 225's on the falken azenis.

235's stick a bit but not much 225's just sits just right.

Hope this helps i'm glad another member is running one of these

Last edited by a moderator:

citymunky

You have any pic's?^

turbowop

Quoting 91VR4_657_2000:
hey bro nice wheels you got there i had my 5 lug rpf1's from my evo before left over and now use them for race sessions on the VR4 wrapped on some Kumho V710's and another set on daily falken azenis Rt615K's yes the person before me who commented is right 245's will stick out no matter what you do. especially with a 17x8.5's

What do you have as suspension do you have coilovers? only way to get rid of the front to stick out is to give them a negative 7 camber.

I would sell those tires and get your losses back and buy some 225's or 235's I jave 235's on the V710's and 225's on the falken azenis.

235's stick a bit but not much 225's just sits just right.

Hope this helps i'm glad another member is running one of these

245's fit fine, just not on a 8.5" width and a +30 offset. My combo uses a 8" width and a +35 offset. With camber at -2 degrees in the front, they tuck perfectly.

EMX5636

I'm rolled far enough to fit an 18x9 30 offset. I test fit with 245-40s. I got them under the fenders, but barely. If I was going to run those wheels, I would get a 235 or IMHO a 225 like others suggested. I'm 2.5-3* neg camber and lowered pretty far on coilovers.

OR better yet! Pass that hook up along to me! lol

belize1334

225 would be pretty stretched on an 8.5" rim. But 245 -30 is likely to stick out under the fender.

blacksheep

Quoting turbowop:
What's the point of such a wide rim if only running 225's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

more like hella-stretchhhhhhhh!

YSWIDT?

JB

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hay.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned