The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

eibach rear spring problem

snohacking

I bought a used set of eibach pro-kit springs. The fronts are fine but the rear end is slammed. I have one new agx on and one with about 6xxx. The number on the spring is 6011.002. I have searched everywhere and found little to no info on that number. Anyone know what the rear spring number for a 1g awd is? Are my spring for a 1g fwd?

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

did you use 2g dsm upper mounts?

eclipse springs and springs meant for eclipses will make the rear sit lower than the front.

snohacking

I am not sure I got galant around year ago. How much lower? The back end is super slammed with the wheels sitting in the wheel wells.

IncorpoRatedX

sounds about right. I put an eibach set on my galant once, decided it was way too low in the rear, like, very bad camber low and ditched it.

snohacking

That is exactly what is looks like. Very low and very bad camber. Should it be that low for a eibach pro-kit?

IncorpoRatedX

the stock eclipse springs lower a galant, so lowering springs for an eclipse would SLAM a gvr4...

1in drop becomes 2.5 or so...

AWDPower

I've got the Prokit/AGX combo on my Galant, and it's not slammed. I also didn't have any problem dialing out the camber to a negative .5 degrees with the stock adjusters.

GVR4RimsRtSide.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned