The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECT diagram

marvinmadman

Could anybody tell me where to find a diagram of some sort to help me diagnose my ect cel? The logger shows -75 for temp. I swapped the sensor and wiggled the plug but the wires have a couple splices in that area. I have a spare harness to use, just want something for backup in case I get lost in the process. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

broxma

The entire harness diagram can be found in the library section, but what is an ECT?

/brox

marvinmadman

Had a chance to look at it. The harness doesn't have +5v coming out that it needs. But there are two cut wires and one single pin connector that are not hooked up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I figured the two cut wires go to the AC cutoff switch. The other IDK right off. I'll dig deeper later in the week.

P.S. I never even knew we had the Library section! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Been a member for YEARS and never clicked/used/seen it. Thanks

broxma

Two wires.

Yellow/Green which is the +5v and Green/Black which is the return to the ECU.
The G/B wire is the shared ground with the TPS/MAF/EGR and connects at pin 24 on the ECU.
The Y/G +5v wire to the sensor is single line connected to pin 20.

/brox

marvinmadman

Update. Figured out the problem. First I checked the Ecu on pin 20 for +5v. +4.87v looked good to me. Then pulled the harness apart in the suspect area under the hood. Found butt connectors with wires not even crimped inside them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif One more question though. What is the other single pin connector Y/G wire for in that area? I think it has +12v. I also just assume the other two wires G/R G/B are for the AC cutoff switch?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned