The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Plug wire sequence w/ coilpack?

CP

I can't find the diagram in the FSM. Can anyone point me to a diagram (or the appropriate section in the FSM) that shows which plug wire goes to which port on the stock coilpack? Or go out and look and describe it to me. The location of the wires is obvious based on their lengths, but I'm not sure which goes to which port on the pack. Thanks.

If I recall, the numbers are written on the coilpack, but they can be hard to find/read.
The firing on the coil pack is 4-1-2-3

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
According to the glossary in the back of the Body and Electrical manual:

13-302-1 is the listing for Ignition Coil DOHC on vehicle inspection

Spark Plug cable test:
16-42-11

Finding anything in the manual using chapter references for a PDF that doesn't point and click for each set of black tabs (quick reference tabs on the right of a dictionary type deal), is less than impressing me. That is all I could find on short notice from the manual. I hope Jeff's method works for you.

CP

Thanks Jeff!

To clarify: Cyl 4 is far pass side, cyl 1 is far drivers side?

Last edited:

CarRacer

The count for the cylinders starts on the harmonic balancer side. Number one is next to the timing belt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned