The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ecmlink and Ostrich

Might be a dumb question but can i hook up my friends ecm link to my car...tune it to the way i want it and somehow download the bin file off of it and burn a chip with that bin file? or is that just out of the question?

belize1334

I believe it is out of the question. Not only would it be illegal, but you'd never get the volume of data that is on the ECMLink chip onto your ostrich, assuming you could get past the levels of inscription that are almost certainly embedded in the code...

Brianawd

Just buy ecmlink and don't try and steal it.

Street Surgeon

Personally, if I were to do it all over on the cheap here's the route I would go.

1. Buy a n/t lancer ecu and reflash it with one of the modified Evo ROM's. I saw three of them the other day for 40.00 a pop at our pick-a-part. You'll lose the ability to control boost through the ECU since it's for a n/t lancer but whatever, it's 110.00 to 150.00 cheaper!

2. Buy a 482 MAS from a boneyard (they go for about $22.00 here) and are almost identical to and Evo MAS.

3. Buy a tactrix cable (170.00 for the new 2.x version or I think you can even use the old 1.3 cheapy version too)

4. Buy the evoscan software (optional)
Once you've got those two bad boys just create a jumper harness to plug it in, download the ecuflash and evoscan software.

Tune, enjoy tons of support and a better ecu etc.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned