The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECMlink gm maf adapter cable help!

Alright here is my question... I'm running DSMlink V2 in my Galant. I purchased a GM MAF, which I know that DSMlink is compatible with. I also know that ECMlink sells and adapter cable to convert the signal to make the GM MAF work. The question I have is, does anyone know whether the cable is compatible with V2. I notice in the description it says V3. I would contact them directly but I don't really feel like emailing back and forth to answer my question if someone on here has the answer. Thank you in advance.

Boostdtalon

Pretty sure it states you have to have V3 to be able to use the GM MAF without a translator. Yep just found it. "Without ECMLink (V3) installed inside your ECU, this cable is not very useful to you."

LIV4PSI

If you have ECMlink, don't waste your time with a GM MAF

Well my reasoning for running a GM MAF is so that i can run my BOV to atmosphere. I know it's stupid but I hate recirculated BOVs lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

Spend the money on an upgrade to V3 full and go speed density. And then have it tuned or tune it yourself. Build for function. Form will follow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned