The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tunerpro with Ostrich - feedback wanted on this...

Street Surgeon

The dsmlink package is just a custom eprom that you install, then you use their proprietary cable that plugs into the diagnostic port to change the variables in the eprom. Really slick interface actually. The ostrich is an emulator w/cable that takes the info from your tunerpro software and whatever .bin you've got loaded, stores it on the chip, and allows you to modify it with the free software. You can disconnect the cable and leave the ostrich in when you're done, or take it out and burn an eprom with your saved .bin that you created with tunerpro.

DarkDevilMMM

Quote:
In the pretty near future I'm sure we'll see integrated MAP support

it's already been done, there are couple ppl that are actually using speed density setup along with ostrich and tunerpro, using only a GM MAP sensor and a GM IAT sensor, changed some code in the ECU, which can eliminate the MAF and can vent BOV to atm, which in case I believe dsmlink can't do. also, to me, MAFT pro is kind of too much of money, I am a cheap bastard u know. but for whatever setup there's always pros and cons, the information are out there, you just have to search for it, and everybody have their own preference.

Street Surgeon

I knew for quite a while now there have been a few people running the GM MAP sensor with the eprom ecu, but I'm talking about when they finally get around to adding native support inside of the tunerpro .ecu file so we can all play with it with ease /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's the beauty of the tunerpro... No messing with hex values etc, just tell it what to do and it takes all the coding out of it!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned