The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECM link v3 full VS Evoflash (stock evo ecu) VS Autronic SMC

bazeng

Hi Guys,

Anybody have any feedback on the subject?

I'm only really experienced with the Autronic ecu.

Pros:
1. No afm
2. Easy to log and tune

Cons:
1. No knock control

Any input on the other 2 ecus?

turbowop

Since switching to ECMlink V3 I absolutely love it. The ease of use and amount of things you can do is amazing for a stock based ECU setup.

EHmotorsports

I agree ECMlink is the way to go. You can ditch the afm/maf/mas and run a map in SD mode. Well worth it.

asmo

If your going speed density, why not use DS-map its a lot cheaper, almost free, the parts to convert to sd is the only cost.
I pretty sure nate has been using it on his.

Last edited:

EMX5636

DS-Map was an awesome setup, but I think V3 has surpassed it now. There is a ton of user support with ECMLink and people have used them up to around 1000whp. I'm sure the Autronic has a few more features (like AEM here), but it's more expensive, and I don't think it's needed in most cars. My car with V3 drives like stock, starts and idles like stock (minus cam lope, but no stalling etc) and makes 500whp on pump gas. Couple buddies have made 700-740whp with V3 on a street driven car.

Knock control on a race motor isn't really worth a damn. The guy who helps tune my car turns off the control on most cars that aren't going to see pump gas or the street. He can tune more with "knock ears" then letting the computer find noised from forged pistons, solid valvetrain/mounts etc. I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor if it's for your T51R car.

Last edited:

citymunky

I use DSmap (Jackal version 5), but the last time I played with it was over 1 year ago. Since then he released the Werewolf version (cell tracking, sensors control, better logging, press based vs load based, etc), however Werewolf is not free it's $199.99 for the program. My total cost into DSmaps was about $225 to $230 (not counting my LC-1 wideband) and it was much better that the SAFC, Keydiver, MAFT that was installed before I sold it to fund my DSmap setup.

Nate did use Jackal version 4 to get into the 10's, but switched to ECMlink for faster logging.

bazeng

It is for the daily driven AMG. It currently runs a Motec M4 which I have sold.

Keep the feedback coming guys.

EMX5636

If you want it to drive stock... my order is V3 Full, Evo ECU, then stand-alone. I have built/driven some AEM and Haltech powered cars that drove really nicely, but there is a lot more time in setup compared to V3 for a daily car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts