The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1g EPROM ECU + Chip. Edit: price drop!!!

Hondakiller

1G EPROM ECU Modded by ECM Tuning, MD193299 (1G DSM TURBO AWD D27A MT E2T60878 EA01 7/92-5/93 FEDERAL). Caps replaced & socketed by ECMTuning. I was going to use it on my GVR4 but I’ve decided on a different management system. Additional mods done by Jeff Oberholtzer (JeffO) so car will work in a '90 dsm via addition of a small square circuit board (mounted vertically, not flat but perpendicular to the main board). These mods were confirmed by ECU/EPROM guru Steve Piette. Thomas of ECMTuning added, "That board is the Jeff-O 1990 conversion board. It's basically converting what used to be a 92-93 Federal ECU to a 90 Federal ECU. It should not have any affect on ECMLink operation, either V2 or V3... It should work fine in your GVR4 as is... the presence of that board does imply that the ECU may also have pins 6 and 14 swapped (idle switch and MAF reset)”. This ads more flexibility in case you have a 90 DSM or if you decide to sell it later.

The chip is pretty much stock. But has.
2 stage shutter box: launch control
New mapping
Fuel cut removed
Air cap removed
No lift shift
1g Maf
Enhanced Closed-loop
A/c cut out
Octane Value Reset
Idle set at 850
Phantom knock removed

The ecu is from a 1g. I broke the blot tabs out so it would slide up where the gvr4 Ecu is located.
But you can change the case with your factory one. I will have pics if you need them.

EDIT:
$320.00 EPROM ecu with chip shipped anywhere in U.S.A.

Thanks Matt

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts