The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ebay FMIC suggestions

luis84one

Im thinking of getting an ebay FMIC. I know that you pretty much get what you paid for but I was hoping anyone can suggest a decent one or share experiences. Pics would be great too

Jesus_Negros

There are a few excellent sets of used intercooler for sale for under $400.

LIV4PSI

Is that just the core, our is it a whole kit? I assume its just the core.

4thStroke

There is a lot that goes in to what make a core a nice core. A nice looking core means very, very little. thedsmguy has my old ETS FMIC for sale, you may want to PM him.

524of1000

As a usually strong supporter of Ebay parts, I have to say that I was not impressed with the CXracing IC. The pipe kit is awesome. The intercooler itself... not so much. The fin density was low, was not vacuum braised and the top and bottom plates were very thin. I've tried 3 intercoolers on my car thus far, the CXracing, evo8 and treadstone and thus far the best one has been my tredstone.

citymunky

Try a OEM EVO 8, they are dirty cheap. ( And I hae one for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

turbohf

im sure the ebay intercoolers are hit and miss.

i small one here that i used on a previous project or two (Integra Type-R/CRX) that seems to be fine. but it was only ran with low boost pressures also. seemed to work fine. made 300whp. also note that the pipe kit that came with it was complete garbage. cheap tinny aluminum that didnt wanna fit. that was was from EMUSA.

i also have a bigger one (like the one pictured above) and have no idea where it came from. i bought it used cuz it was the prefect size for my project. i assume its a china intercooler, but does seem sturdier than the smaller one i have. this core made ~400whp @ 18-19psi on a previous car.

i also know someone that is making 700+ on a modified endtank XSPower ebay/china intercooler.

so which am i using on my GVR4? neither. i got an awesome deal on a Spearco 2-216 core'd intercooler for a 1g DSM... and would suggest that you get an intercooler that has a better chance of fitting. to me it doesnt really seem to be worth it to get one of those to fit.

gramkrakr89

I agree that ebay coolers are hit+miss

From what I hear, a lot of the lower grade eBay intercoolers are just fine for lower to moderate boost pressures... A friend of mine picked up a CXracing kit for his DSM, and the way some of the joints were brazed wasn't very reassuring. (but who knows until it blows!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

524of1000

Quoting luis84one:
^^^ do u have a pic of the tredstone on your ride

img.php

I've since relocated the plates...
img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned